Professional Web Applications Themes

Real World Examples? - Macromedia Flex General Discussion

I would like to know where there are examples online of the store in use, I love the design which is given for the flex store (in the alpha version for Flex 2) where you can fade out all irrelevant products and would like to see a real world example of this in use however I can not seem to find one, I was wondering wether anyone could direct me towards a site which uses flex to biuld thier store...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Real World Examples?

    I would like to know where there are examples online of the store in use, I
    love the design which is given for the flex store (in the alpha version for
    Flex 2) where you can fade out all irrelevant products and would like to see a
    real world example of this in use however I can not seem to find one, I was
    wondering wether anyone could direct me towards a site which uses flex to biuld
    thier store

    Joel_C Guest

  2. #2

    Joel_C wrote:
    > I would like to know where there are examples online of the store in use, I
    > love the design which is given for the flex store (in the alpha version for
    > Flex 2) where you can fade out all irrelevant products and would like to see a
    > real world example of this in use however I can not seem to find one, I was
    > wondering wether anyone could direct me towards a site which uses flex to biuld
    > thier store

    Since Flex 2 is in ALPHA, the odds of you finding someone with a
    production site is 0.

    --
    Jason Weiss
    Cynergy Systems, Inc.

    Email: [email]jason.weisscynergysystems.com[/email]
    Office: 866-CYNERGY
    Mobile: 1.832.444.2246
    Jason R. Weiss Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re: Real World Examples?

    well, I guessed that but to me there don't seem to be that many examples of
    flex apps in common web use, I have only come across a few and that was only
    because of the showcase and application examples pages on the macromedia
    website. I was more hoping for links to sites which use flex to run thier
    store, be it in flex v1 or v1.5

    Joel_C Guest

  4. #4

    Joel_C wrote:
    > well, I guessed that but to me there don't seem to be that many examples of
    > flex apps in common web use, I have only come across a few and that was only
    > because of the showcase and application examples pages on the macromedia
    > website. I was more hoping for links to sites which use flex to run thier
    > store, be it in flex v1 or v1.5

    We don't run a store per se, but our whole site is Flex:

    [url]http://www.cynergysystems.com[/url]

    There is also something like Yahoo! maps which uses Flex:

    [url]http://maps./beta[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/software/flex/customers/[/url] shows a strong list
    of customers, from Disney to Dow Jones using Flex.

    As a suggested thought, just because the aren't public sites doesn't
    mean they don't exist. That siad, I can't speak specifically to
    shopping cart sites using Flex. Certainly though, given the complex
    applications that we've built for clients, a shopping cart capability is
    actually a pretty simple "no-brainer" type app, IMO.

    Jason