Professional Web Applications Themes

Rebate Definition - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I'm contemplating buying Elements and want to know what is meant by "rebate for upgrading to". Does this mean I have to upgrade from a previous Elements version, other competitive product or will Adobe accept that I've got iPhoto from Apple to qualify for the Adobe $30.00 rebate?...

  1. #1

    Default Rebate Definition

    I'm contemplating buying Elements and want to know what is meant by "rebate for upgrading to". Does this mean I have to upgrade from a previous Elements version, other competitive product or will Adobe accept that I've got iPhoto from Apple to qualify for the Adobe $30.00 rebate?
    Nick Vazquez Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rebate Definition

    Nick, often people get copies of software when they buy scanners or digital cameras. Most of these qualify for the rebate. Any fit there?!
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Barbara, Beth,
    Thank you for your tips on this matter! I appriciate it.
    Nick Vazquez Guest

  4. #4

    Nick, I found this upgrade rebate form on the CompUSA site:

    <http://media.compusa.com/pdfs/0004159.pdf>

    It lists applicable products and requirements. For some reason, it does not specifically list Elements 1.1, the version that is included with the Minolta Scan Dual III film scanner (and maybe other hardware).

    OldnSenile
    OldnSenile Guest

  5. #5

    I just looked at it, and it says Elements version 1, so you're OK!
    Beth Haney Guest

  6. #6

    Beth, (assuming you were replying to my version number concern) I would feel more confident if the rebate form said "Elements 1". It actually says "Elements 1.0" (so maybe not 1.1 ?).

    Maybe I am just paranoid because of a couple of rebate problems I have had in the past. I wondered if version 1.1 might not be valid because it was not a retail purchase, but rather was included "free" with a hardware purchase.

    OldnSenile
    OldnSenile Guest

  7. #7

    OldnSenile - I can understand your paranoia, but aside from complaints about the length of time it's taken to get the rebate from Adobe, I don't think anyone has been turned down.

    Frankly I'm surprised you have anything labeled version 1.1, because they've basically only had two versions out. Go on - be a sport, go for it! If they really cheat you out of your $30, maybe we'll take up a collection for you! Seriously, I don't think there will be a problem. If you really want to check it out more thoroughly, I found this number earlier today for somebody else. Try calling and verifying that your version is eligible.

    1-800-833-6687

    This is Adobe's general product questions line - or so I've been told. They said they'd send somebody else a new CD after he called and complained that the serial number on the package for the copy he got appeared to be invalid. If they can handle something like that, they sure oughta be able to tell you whether or not your version 1.1 is eligible for the rebate.

    Hey, wanna wager 30 bucks that it is?!!! :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  8. #8

    Beth,

    I just wanted to alert Nick (and others) to the possibility of version numbers different from those on the rebate form. (I hope I am not wrong about the v.1.1.)

    No, won't take that bet. I don't have version 1.1 (yet). I got that version info from Minolta Tech Support, over the phone. (I could have mis-understood, but did record that version number during the call, and am fairly certain.) I have been considering the purchase of Elements (now) and the Minolta Scan Dual III (soon), and didn't want to buy E v.2 now, if it were included with the scanner. Actually, I will probably use my MGI Photosuite disc for the rebate.

    I didn't mean to create this much confusion.

    OldnSenile
    OldnSenile Guest

  9. #9

    OldnSenile,

    Confusion? Ha ha ha. Don't worry about that on this forum. We like to
    nit pick a subject from every angle until it gets boring talking about the
    same thing, then on to something new.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  10. #10

    Also check to see if Amazon is still offering a $30 rebate on top of the Adobe rebate. I ended up paying less than $30 for Elements 2.And even got the rebates in a reasonable period of time.
    Digital Bob
    Bob Polk Guest

  11. #11

    Chuck,

    (In case your comment was not rhetorical)

    They want to hang onto that money for as long as they can... the longer it
    sits in their account, the more interest they earn on their rebate fund.
    There's no other reason for the process taking more than a couple of weeks.

    At least, that's my take.

    Byron

    Byron Gale Guest

  12. #12

    Byron, it must be something like that, although short-term interest rates
    are so low you wonder whether it's worth the ill will generated with
    customers...

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  13. #13

    Chuck,

    They also get an interest free loan of your money for 10 weeks to use it
    anyway they wish! Most of the sellers use a third party company to process
    their rebates and that sometimes, also slows down the process! Patience is
    the name of the game for the rebate game. If you have trouble getting your
    rebate, let me know. I have had a lot of experience in dealing with rebates.

    Vince

    "Chuck Snyder" <csnyderhouston.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:8230E8529FA0E909139FB16F1EFE4872in.webx.la2e afNXanI...
    > Byron, it must be something like that, although short-term interest rates
    > are so low you wonder whether it's worth the ill will generated with
    > customers...
    >
    > Chuck

    Vince Staffo Guest

  14. #14

    Bryan & Chuck:

    A pretty good discussion of the rebate problem is here:

    <http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/SavingandDebt/P57658.asp>

    I was surprised to see that one of their examples refers to someone with the same (uncommon?) name as the originator of this thread (Vazquez).
    OldnSenile Guest