Professional Web Applications Themes

Receiving error when trying to update to CS 3.0.1 - Adobe Indesign Windows

I have been able to download the update through the download manager and the standalone version from the website. I get an error during the install with the download manager. I tried again with the standalone version and after putting in the CD it seemed to update properly. However when starting up InDesign CS, it appears the update did not take. Looking at "About InDesgn" it still shows 3.0 and when I go the check updates it wants to still download the 3.0.1 update that should have just installed. Anyone have any thoughts?...

  1. #1

    Default Receiving error when trying to update to CS 3.0.1

    Gary_Haley@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Receiving error when trying to update to CS 3.0.1

    download manager

    Are you using a Mac?

    Where you installing the update with ID still running?
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    This is with a PC running Windows XP. As to if I was running InDesign at the time... Yes, when using the internal updates (Adobe download manager) and no when trying it stand alone.

    If it helps I also have the PageMaker plugin Edition.
    Gary_Haley@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I downloaded and installed it just fine. It is not recommended to be running the software while doing the update.

    If it helps I also have the PageMaker plugin Edition.

    That's nice, I should be getting the plug-in pack tomorrow afternoon. My system administrator just let me know today [The adobe “Download Manager” doesn’t like our firewall. I need to contact them about alternate download methods. I’ll look into it tomorrow afternoon.]

    Try installing it again but this time be sure not to be running ID in the background.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    When I run the standalone version of the update from the website I am running without InDesign being active. In fact, it appears that the update installs successfully. However, when starting up InDesign it still shows it to be v3.0 and when you check for updates it is still recommending 3.0.1 as if I did not install it.
    Gary_Haley@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    This is the error I get when trying to do the update through the update manager:
    Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070020
    Error Information:

    Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (94) SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1597) PAPP:Adobe InDesign
    CS Updater
    PVENDOR:Adobe ([url]http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/indesign/main.html[/url])
    PGUID:416DFEDD-9F1B-4EFC-AF70-FCA891AE0251
    $7.1.100.1248
    Windows XP Service Pack 1 (2600) IE 6.0.2800.1106

    Gary_Haley@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I was finally able to get the stand alone updater to work. I had to start up in safe mode to deactivate whatever process was interferring. Sad way to go but it worked.
    Gary_Haley@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I had to start up in safe mode to deactivate whatever process was interfering.

    That was weird, do you happen to know what that was? I'd like to know for future posts. If you don't know then I can always suggest they also do it in safe mode.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Without some help deciphering the kernel error I have no idea what would have been interferring. I do have a lot of gadgets and peripherals but I wouldn't think they would cause this. I have seen other posts talking about firewalls getting in the way of the built in update manager. I don't use the XP "firewall" protection and all I have is a simple router between me and the internet so I don't think that was it either. I even tried disabling my antivirus and spam blockers to no avail. No way of saying I have no good reason only that when all else fails try in safe mode and if it is due to interference that will generally resolve it. If it still didn't work I would be more inclined to believe it was a problem with the update itself.
    Gary_Haley@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks Gary. Your response is appreciated.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Hi Gabriel
    I have installed the IDCS 3.0.1 update. The welcome splash welcome screen still indicates Version 3.0.
    Please advise.
    Peterward@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Peterward,
    That was the same problem I was having with the stand alone update. I finally had to reboot in safe mode and run the update from there. This reduces the possibility of some driver or other process interfering with the update. Once the update completes, reboot again and hopefully it is ok this time. (Assuming a Windows envionment... I use XP.)
    Gary_Haley@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    What he said and in case you don't know it, booting in safe mode requires you to press and hold the Ctrl key while booting, assuming you are on XP. Don't know if 2K does it the same way.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    I rebooted in safe mode and reinstalled from the download. Installed like a dream and the Splash Screen shows V 3.0.1.
    Thanks for the advice Gary.
    Peter
    Peterward@adobeforums.com Guest