Professional Web Applications Themes

Record Set table layout? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I don't have a problem laying out a recordset in php/mysql, but each record is returned in a single row of a table file. Is there a way to return say 3 images and descriptions in a 3 column list instead? Jeff ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Record Set table layout?

    I don't have a problem laying out a recordset in php/mysql, but each record
    is returned in a single row of a table file.
    Is there a way to return say 3 images and descriptions in a 3 column list
    instead?

    Jeff
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
    Web Design and Marketing
    [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]


    Jefferis NoSpamme Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Record Set table layout?

    I should add, I mean I'd like the repeating region to be horizontal for
    three records, e.g., rather than merely one repeating row.


    On 2/4/05 1:58 PM, in article BE293005.115E1%jefferisp7hotmail.com,
    "Jefferis NoSpamme" <jefferisp7hotmail.com> wrote:
    > I don't have a problem laying out a recordset in php/mysql, but each record
    > is returned in a single row of a table file.
    > Is there a way to return say 3 images and descriptions in a 3 column list
    > instead?
    >
    > Jeff
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
    > Web Design and Marketing
    > [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]
    >
    >
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
    Web Design and Marketing
    [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]


    Jefferis NoSpamme Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Record Set table layout?

    If I were you I'd just code it by hand. Dead simple and much easier in the
    long term...


    rob::digitalburn Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Record Set table layout?

    You have a hint? I'm concerned about getting overlapping iterations of the
    database info.


    On 2/4/05 3:41 PM, in article cu0mhd$hn0$1forums.macromedia.com,
    "rob::digitalburn" <robdigitalburn.net> wrote:
    > If I were you I'd just code it by hand. Dead simple and much easier in the
    > long term...
    >
    >
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
    Web Design and Marketing
    [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]


    Jefferis NoSpamme Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: Record Set table layout?

    Just start learning PHP properly, that's my main hint. Once you've even just
    got basic understanding of PHP you can do this kind of thing with your eyes
    closed. Using DW's functionality is a disaster if you want to do anything
    remotely serious.

    Oh yes, and forget using tables and switch to CSS-P, preferably XHTML
    styleee... ;)


    Jefferis NoSpamme wrote:
    > You have a hint? I'm concerned about getting overlapping iterations
    > of the database info.
    >
    >
    > On 2/4/05 3:41 PM, in article cu0mhd$hn0$1forums.macromedia.com,
    > "rob::digitalburn" <robdigitalburn.net> wrote:
    >
    >> If I were you I'd just code it by hand. Dead simple and much easier
    >> in the long term...
    >>
    >>
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
    > Web Design and Marketing
    > [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]

    rob::digitalburn Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Record Set table layout?

    I've done some fairly complex things in PHP using hand code.
    Try using this search and selecting "rings" under type:
    [url]http://www.joden.com/Search.php[/url]

    But since I am self taught, there are definite gaps in my learning. Can you
    point me to some code examples of what I am trying to do, either with tables
    or CSS?

    Thanks
    Jeff


    On 2/5/05 9:32 PM, in article cu3vf0$ogs$1forums.macromedia.com,
    "rob::digitalburn" <robdigitalburn.net> wrote:
    > Just start learning PHP properly, that's my main hint. Once you've even just
    > got basic understanding of PHP you can do this kind of thing with your eyes
    > closed. Using DW's functionality is a disaster if you want to do anything
    > remotely serious.
    >
    > Oh yes, and forget using tables and switch to CSS-P, preferably XHTML
    > styleee... ;)
    >
    >
    > Jefferis NoSpamme wrote:
    >> You have a hint? I'm concerned about getting overlapping iterations
    >> of the database info.
    >>
    >>
    >> On 2/4/05 3:41 PM, in article cu0mhd$hn0$1forums.macromedia.com,
    >> "rob::digitalburn" <robdigitalburn.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> If I were you I'd just code it by hand. Dead simple and much easier
    >>> in the long term...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >> Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
    >> Web Design and Marketing
    >> [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]
    >
    >
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
    Web Design and Marketing
    [url]http://www.PetersonSales.com[/url]


    Jefferis NoSpamme Guest

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with Layout Table
    By Jsudman in forum Macromedia Dynamic HTML
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 31st, 05:39 PM
  2. table layout
    By malcster2 in forum Macromedia Dynamic HTML
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 9th, 11:03 AM
  3. How can i retrieve record ONLY From 300 - 400 in amillion Record Table?
    By keonglah in forum Coldfusion Database Access
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 13th, 02:53 AM
  4. HELP WITH LAYOUT TABLE PROBLEM!!!
    By NICKVANN webforumsuser@macromedia.com in forum Macromedia Dreamweaver
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 19th, 06:57 PM
  5. table layout vs. dhtml
    By mathfeel webforumsuser@macromedia.com in forum Macromedia Fireworks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 8th, 06:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139