Professional Web Applications Themes

recovering deleted files from a cf or sm card - Adobe Photoshop Elements

My esteemed colleagues, I desperately need your help. Does anyone know of a software product that can recover deleted files from a cf or sm card? I recall having read about such a product several months ago in Digital Imaging magazine. (And yes, Iím the same H Wong thatís getting into wedding photography, so now you understand the gravity of the situation. Boy do we learn from our mistakesÖ)...

  1. #1

    Default recovering deleted files from a cf or sm card

    My esteemed colleagues, I desperately need your help. Does anyone know of a software product that can recover deleted files from a cf or sm card? I recall having read about such a product several months ago in Digital Imaging magazine. (And yes, Iím the same H Wong thatís getting into wedding photography, so now you understand the gravity of the situation. Boy do we learn from our mistakesÖ)
    h wong Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: recovering deleted files from a cf or sm card

    "h wong" <memberadobeforums.com> wrote in message
    > My esteemed colleagues, I desperately need your help. Does
    > anyone know of a software product that can recover deleted
    > files from a cf or sm card?
    I don't know of any software, but I could swear someone else just posted a
    message in this forum about a company they sent a damaged card to, and got
    all of the data recovered. The price was pretty reasonable too.

    However, in that case, I believe that the data had not actually been erased,
    just access to it was disabled. If you've formatted or otherwise truly
    deleted the data, recovering it is probably impossible. Solid-state storage
    isn't like magnetic media, where there's always "leftover" shadows of the
    original data. However, depending on how the delete happened, it's possible
    the data was never actually overwritten in the first place, and thus might
    be recoverable.

    Here's the thread I was thinking of:
    [url]http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?131.T8ala05k8V1.4.2ccd13cf/3[/url]

    It mentions two data recovery companies, and a shareware program you might
    try.

    Pete

    Peter Duniho Guest

  3. #3

    Very precious forum member, here's one, amongst many, company that offers image recovery software :
    [url]http://www.digitalfilm.com/dynamic-frameset_da.html?http://www.lexarmedia.com/digitalacc/rescue.html[/url]

    :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    h wong,

    Lexar and San Disk (and probably other) cards have a warranty that includes
    image recovery when possible. I know of one case that the images were
    recovered from a card and it took less than a week to send in and get
    returned.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  5. #5

    Peter,

    I read that thread too. I believe it was a company in Belgium that did the work. If I remember correctly they did a pretty neat job.
    Somewhere in this forum there is a thread about this which gives the e-mail address of this company. Unfortunately I cannot remember the title.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  6. #6

    Here's the earlier thread Robert was thinking of:

    <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128.1de9afdb>

    The company was Data Rescue, and they are in Belgium. This is the site address Ralph (Ward?) had posted back when Carl was looking for help.

    <http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/>

    Good luck!
    Beth Haney Guest

  7. #7

    Try badcopy <http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/>

    Have had to use it on CF, got all images back except for three, and on a dodgy floppy disk, to which I got back more than was supposed to be on it.

    Shareware download lets you see what can be recovered before you pay.

    Paul
    Paul L UK Guest

  8. #8

    Take a look at the following thread at LUSENET. It addresses the question of recovering corrupted files on CF cards (and SM as well). A number of successful solutions (free and otherwise) are offered. The latest posts were in August '03 (scroll to the bottom of the list).

    <http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=003bKr>

    Lots of luck

    ron
    RonDWong Guest