Professional Web Applications Themes

recovering lost photos from card - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Just ran across Photorescue <http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue>, which claims to be able to salvage those lost photos from your smart media cards. Versions for both mac and pc. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?...

  1. #1

    Default recovering lost photos from card

    Just ran across Photorescue <http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue>, which claims to be able to salvage those lost photos from your smart media cards. Versions for both mac and pc. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: recovering lost photos from card

    I've never used it, but someone on a Mac forum I visit used it - and was extremely grateful to whoever suggested it, so apparently it worked. My guess is that it isn't totally magic, and that the degree of success would depend on what happened to the card and how many other "fixes" a person tried before using this software. If the process is similar to salvaging files on a busticated hard drive, the more you fiddle with it before screaming for help, the more likely you are to bury what you want even deeper - or overwrite.
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    I've successfully recovered photos from a FlashCard using Norton Disk Doctor. I suspect that any file repair utility would also work.

    :-)

    Brent
    brent bertram Guest

  4. #4

    Barbara and Beth,

    I have had experience with them and posted it on iPhoto so it may have been me. I had a 256 MB CF card filled with the first photos of my first grandchild, his parents, my wife and me. The card failed on download and I only got about half of the images. Guess what condition I was in. Most people on this side of the Mississippi probable heard me. Anyway, I got put on photorescue by this forum. I could not make the download work because I could not figure it out and my CF card would not activate either of our two computers or my camera. I contacted support who were very helpful. Since my card was electrically dead, we could not do anything with it here. I sent it to Belgium where the company is I believe. A short time later they contacted me with a web site showing all my pictures. For $49.00 I got all my images (about 120) on a CD sent to me including shipping. I considered it a bargain. I have nothing but praise for these guys except for their website which I found confusing.

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest

  5. #5

    Carl,
    Glad to hear you got your photos.
    It took awhile, but I am sure it is now worth the wait.

    Ralph
    <http://www.darkstar.us>
    Ralph Brannon Guest

  6. #6

    Ralph,

    I should have given you credit for getting me started on the right track, but I could not find the message with your reference when I was writing the above. Many Thanks

    For those of you who have not visited darkstar you might give it a try-particularly if you like the old west and horses.

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest