Professional Web Applications Themes

Recurring Registration Prompt - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Each time I load PE2, I am asked my registration choice (online, print, or 'do not remind'). This is followed by a prompt re: Adobe Online. No matter what option I check (and I have registered the product online), this registration prompt and Adobe Online box appear each time I load the product. I can fully use the program, it is just an annoying hassle to get through these two boxes each time I load it. I have unistalled and reinstalled several times, and deleted the registration keys and other files, but it still gives me this problem. Has anyone ...

  1. #1

    Default Recurring Registration Prompt

    Each time I load PE2, I am asked my registration choice (online, print, or 'do not remind'). This is followed by a prompt re: Adobe Online. No matter what option I check (and I have registered the product online), this registration prompt and Adobe Online box appear each time I load the product. I can fully use the program, it is just an annoying hassle to get through these two boxes each time I load it. I have unistalled and reinstalled several times, and deleted the registration keys and other files, but it still gives me this problem. Has anyone run into this or been able to solve it?
    bbratten Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Recurring Registration Prompt

    Try this first: Go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online, and make sure it's set to "Never" automatically check for updates. You won't miss anything, and it might - I repeat, might - solve your problem. If not, post back and let us know. As a matter of fact, post back even if it works! Too often we make suggestions and never know if they were helpful. Thanks, and good luck!
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    It is set to never. Thanks for the suggestion, but no dice.
    bbratten Guest

  4. #4

    Hmmm. I'm sorry the suggestion was worthless, but thanks for letting us know. OK - so, when you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you get the Elements Preference folder dumped along with the other stragglers you found?

    I'm sorry to tell you this, but this is the first time I remember this particular problem coming up. :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  5. #5

    What OS? are you a user with admin rights?
    Mark Hiers Guest

  6. #6

    I'm not sure where the Elements Preference folder is, but I did erase all "Photoshop Elements" subfolders, etc.
    I have XP home, and yes, admin rights.
    I'm sure there's some file or some registry key I need to delete or reset, I just don't know what/where. I appreciate your help.
    bbratten Guest

  7. #7

    After deleting the directory, "\program files\common files\adobe\" and subdirectories, it worked and I no longer get the prompt. FYI. I thing I missed that directory upon my first uninstallation/reinstallation.
    bbratten Guest