Windows-->Other-->Frames) click in the pictogram of the frames one by one, and check that the SRC of that frame is correct in the Properties Manager. [quote] > I have a problem with the index page of a website. In dreamweaver, it shows > up as having a "Recursive Frameste Error" and in the website, it has added a > column to the index page and seems to reference a different page inside of > that column. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what a "Recursive frameset > error" is, and if you could tell me how to get rid of it, that would be a > great help. > > Thank you > > >[/quote] -- Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan Ames [ip] => blu@formdude.co [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Recursive frameset error - Macromedia Dreamweaver

  1. #1

    Default Recursive frameset error

    rdlasst webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Recursive frameset error

    need to see the url to the page if this isn't it.

    a recursive frameset error is that you have set the source of one of the
    frames to be the frameset file itself.

    so your page probably looks like a "hall of mirrors" kind of weirdness
    thing, or it crashes the browser maybe. Or Dw simply won't allow you to save
    it as is.

    to fix or check- open the Frames Window (dw menu-->Windows-->Other-->Frames)
    click in the pictogram of the frames one by one, and check that the SRC of
    that frame is correct in the Properties Manager.
    > I have a problem with the index page of a website. In dreamweaver, it shows
    > up as having a "Recursive Frameste Error" and in the website, it has added a
    > column to the index page and seems to reference a different page inside of
    > that column. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what a "Recursive frameset
    > error" is, and if you could tell me how to get rid of it, that would be a
    > great help.
    >
    > Thank you

    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Alan Ames Guest

  3. #3

    "rdlasst" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I have a problem with the index page of a website. In dreamweaver, it shows up as having a "Recursive Frameste Error" and in the website, it has added a column to the index page and seems to reference a different page inside of that column. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what a "Recursive frameset error" is, and if you could tell me how to get rid of it, that would be a great help.
    Haven't seen that error before, but I'd guess that you have a frameset
    that calls itself into one of it's frames, but would have to see the
    code for you page to be sure.

    --
    Enjoy,
    Danilo Celic

    | Extending Knowledge, Daily
    | [url]http://www.communityMX.com/[/url]

    danilocelic Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you very much for the help.
    I did as you suggested, and found there was an extra frame on the page. Can you tell me how to get rid of this extra frame?

    Again, thank you for all of your wonderful help!

    Referring URLs
    [url]www.wempec.wisc.edu[/url]

    rdlasst webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest