[removed non-existing group comp.os.linux.redhat]
[Cc sent to [email]operatornycap.rr.com[/email]]

On 28 Jul 2003 08:49:17 -0700,
Zero <operatornycap.rr.com> wrote:
> Here's the situation.
>
> I'm building a network traffic and statistics ysis interface. I
> need (or want, rather) to generate images on the fly, based on stored
> data, yadda yadda.
>
> My problem:
>
> I can't get libgd to talk to GD.pm, and/or even get GD.pm installed. I
You probably have libgd pre-2.0 installed, and are trying to install
GD post-2.0. That won't work. Either get a GD 1.xx version, and
compile that with Redhat's libgd, or get libgd 2.xx ([url]www.boutell.com[/url]),
install that somewhere (I keep it in /opt/libgd), and tell GD, when
you run perl Makefile.PL, where it is. Something like:

# get libgd
$ tar xzvf gd-*.tar.gz
$ cd gd-x
$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/gd
$ make install

Now answer /opt/gd/lib to the first question asked by 'perl
Makefile.PL' for GD.

You should also get into the habit of reading README and INSTALL files
that come with distributions.

Martien
--

Martien Verbruggen |
Trading Post Australia | The gene pool could use a little chlorine.