Hello All,

I think this should be pretty easy to do but I am having a hell of a
time doing it. I have a parent component, main.mxml, and a custom
component, task.mxml, which is instantiated in a state in main.mxml.
However, the problem I have is when I try to call the states in the
parent (main.mxml) from the custom component (task.mxml). Every
search I do comes up with add and remove child. But I think I must be
able to call a parent state directly fom a child, with something like
currentstate=parent.state1. Has anyone any ideas in this direction?

Thanks again,