Professional Web Applications Themes

Refreshing image in photoshop for windows - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

How do you refresh an image in photoshop 7.0 for windows? This seems like it should be a no brainer but I can not find anything in the help online accept for the browser. I just want refresh the image I am working with....

  1. #1

    Default Refreshing image in photoshop for windows

    Linda_Rodgers@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Refreshing image in photoshop for windows

    where do you want to refresh it? in the browser? f5. if you mean in photoshop, explain what you mean by "refresh"
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Refresh; ? Update the display, if it does not resemble the actual image as its know to as exist as ?.
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I want to update the display. I know the image should look a certain way. After I cut out a section of one layers the display shows that the image below the layer I cut is also missing. It should be there since the section I cut was removed property. I want to the display to regenerate the total image as I know it to be. I am not sure why this is such a difficult question to answer. Redraw, refresh and regenerate are common terms. Is there something I don't understand about "Photoshop" that refresh is not needed.
    Linda_Rodgers@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Is there something I don't understand about "Photoshop" that refresh is
    not needed.

    The image is updated in real time in photoshop. There is no "refresh". You do something, it's done.

    You're doing something wrong. Why don't you give us the steps and describe the layout of your file's layers. Include what you start with, the steps you take, and what you EXPECT to happen, and we'll see if we can help you work it out.

    dave
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I guess I never knew that you didn't need to refresh in Photoshop. What I did was make a new layer in a file that only had one layer "background". The background had an image that I had scanned in.
    I wanted to take half the image and place it on another layer so that I could edit it. I created a new layer, selected the half I wanted and cut and pasted into the new layer. Then with the new layer selected, I scale the image up by 20%, which caused it to overlap the background layer. I selected the portion of the image that overlapped the image below and deleted it. Where I deleted the section of the new layer, the old layer had also been deleted. I thought it was a refresh problem. I don't know how it deleted through both layers.
    Linda_Rodgers@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Linda,
     [/ref]

    Try Duplicating the b/g layer to work on rather than making a new layer then
    cut 'n paste

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest