Professional Web Applications Themes

regarding backup - Linux / Unix Administration

Design a backup plan for the following scenarois. Assume that each computer has a 10GB disk and the user's home directories are stored locally. Chose a backup device that balance cost vs support needs and explain your reason. List any assumption you make. - A research facility that has 50 machines. Each machine holds a ot of important data that changes often. - A small software company had 10 machines. Source code is stored on a control server that has 50 GB of disk space. The source code changes continously throughout the day. Individual user's home directories do not change ...

  1. #1

    Default regarding backup

    Design a backup plan for the following scenarois. Assume that each
    computer has a 10GB disk and the user's home directories are stored
    locally. Chose a backup device that balance cost vs support needs and
    explain your reason. List any assumption you make.

    - A research facility that has 50 machines. Each machine holds a ot of

    important data that changes often.

    - A small software company had 10 machines. Source code is stored on a

    control server that has 50 GB of disk space. The source code changes

    continously throughout the day. Individual user's home
    directories do not

    change very often. Cost is of little concern and security is of utmost

    importance.

    well, i hope you could help me to solve this problem for me. i hope to
    hear from you as soon as possible too.

    waiting reply,

    vaish

    vaishu_girl81 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: regarding backup

    vaishu_girl81 (member38975dbforums.com) wrote:

    : Design a backup plan for the following scenarois. Assume that each
    : computer has a 10GB disk and the user's home directories are stored
    : locally. Chose a backup device that balance cost vs support needs and
    : explain your reason. List any assumption you make.

    : - A research facility that has 50 machines. Each machine holds a ot of

    : important data that changes often.

    : - A small software company had 10 machines. Source code is stored on a

    : control server that has 50 GB of disk space. The source code changes

    : continously throughout the day. Individual user's home
    : directories do not

    : change very often. Cost is of little concern and security is of utmost

    : importance.

    : well, i hope you could help me to solve this problem for me. i hope to
    : hear from you as soon as possible too.

    School must be back in session. I see we are getting the "do my homework
    for me" questions. I sometimes wonder how I ever got through school with
    good grades and earned my degree with out the internet.

    --
    Jim Hollenback
    [email]jhollycup.hp.com[/email]

  3. #3

    vaishu_girl81 wrote:
    > Design a backup plan for the following scenarois. Assume that each
    > computer has a 10GB disk and the user's home directories are stored
    > locally. Chose a backup device that balance cost vs support needs and
    > explain your reason. List any assumption you make.
    >
    > - A research facility that has 50 machines. Each machine holds a ot of
    >
    > important data that changes often.
    >
    > - A small software company had 10 machines. Source code is stored on a
    >
    > control server that has 50 GB of disk space. The source code changes
    >
    > continously throughout the day. Individual user's home
    > directories do not
    >
    > change very often. Cost is of little concern and security is of utmost
    >
    > importance.
    >

    > well, i hope you could help me to solve this problem for me. i hope to
    > hear from you as soon as possible too.

    Do your own homework.

    Chris Mattern

    Chris Mattern Guest