Professional Web Applications Themes

?? Regarding the NYI of Photography - Photography

Just wondering if there are any persons presently taking the course through the NYI or who have graduated. If you fall into one of the groups I would appreciate any feedback that you may have. I am considering signing up but want to know what I am getting into. For personal reasons I am not at this time able to sign up a the local college nor do I want to take courses that are not of interest to me. Any feedback is more than welcome. Thanks in advance. -- Catherine, Ottawa, Ont. Canada Using Olympus C-4000z and or C-5050z ...

  1. #1

    Default ?? Regarding the NYI of Photography

    --
    Catherine, Ottawa, Ont. Canada
    Using Olympus C-4000z and or C-5050z & Photoshop 7

    Catherine Gardner Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: ?? Regarding the NYI of Photography

    Catherine: Do you mean New York Institute of Photography?Anthony
    "Catherine Gardner" <catgardmagma.ca> wrote in message
    > Just wondering if there are any persons presently taking the course
    through
    > the NYI or who have graduated. If you fall into one of the groups I would
    > appreciate any feedback that you may have. I am considering signing up
    but
    > want to know what I am getting into. For personal reasons I am not at
    this
    > time able to sign up a the local college nor do I want to take courses
    that
    > are not of interest to me.
    >
    > Any feedback is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.
    > --
    > Catherine, Ottawa, Ont. Canada
    > Using Olympus C-4000z and or C-5050z & Photoshop 7

    Anthony Guest

  3. #3

    The only reason people may have not gotten very far into the course is
    because they do no want to put the effort into it. It does take time, that
    is why you are given 3 years to complete it. There is quite a bit of
    technical information presented, but so far I have found the course to be
    most worthwhile. Although I have been shooting for over 30 years I am still
    learning.

    There is an MSN forum, NYIP roundtable where students post photographs and
    discuss the course.

    Be forewarned, there is some additional costs involved to take the
    photographs the way the lesson sets the project out, and there certainly is
    a time commitment. But if you want the tech info on film speed, latitude,
    lighting, composition, and just about anything else that will make your
    photographs stand out...take the course.

    --
    Tom

    [url]http://www.tom-photo.com/[/url]

    "Jesper Olsen" <jolsenmail2world.com> wrote in message
    news:6b17fa95.0307300430.6dab3763posting.google.c om...
    > Have your tried the student message board for the NYIP course?
    >
    > [url]http://groups.msn.com/NYIPRoundtablePart2[/url]
    >
    > It is my impression that most of the people there have *not* gotten
    > very far into the course though. Many seem to have gotten stuck after
    > completing few units...
    >
    > Jesper
    >

    > "Catherine Gardner" <catgardmagma.ca> wrote in message
    > > Just wondering if there are any persons presently taking the course
    through
    > > the NYI or who have graduated. If you fall into one of the groups I
    would
    > > appreciate any feedback that you may have. I am considering signing up
    but
    > > want to know what I am getting into. For personal reasons I am not at
    this
    > > time able to sign up a the local college nor do I want to take courses
    that
    > > are not of interest to me.
    > >
    > > Any feedback is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

    rufref Guest

  4. #4

    The course will never replace the the kind of feedback you get from a
    instructor that you can go see during office hours. To be successful you
    must be disciplined with your time. There are some unwritten things that
    also must be taken into count and it is really where most folks stumble.
    "You can always repeat a shooting assignment". If you and your instructor
    feel that you missed the point of a shooting assignment, just do it over.
    Students spend a great deal of time struggleing over the perfect shot.
    That's what the instructor is there for. They want you to succeed. So just
    go out and take your best shot (bad pun) send it in and wait for the review.
    You should always spend the extra time to communicate any issues with your
    instructor. Bottom line, if you complete the course, you will improve your
    shooting skill. How far you go is a function of how much you put into the
    course.
    Check out the student board at:
    [url]http://groups.msn.com/NYIPRoundtablePart2[/url]

    This is a very supportive group of people with lots of talented artist at
    various stages of the course.
    BTW I am finishing the last module as we speak.

    --
    Walk in peace, for they shall know us only by the tracks we leave
    Bob Ashby

    A Wolf's Creed:
    Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack.
    Share your affections. Voice your feelings.
    Leave your mark.

    Bob Ashby Guest