Professional Web Applications Themes

reliable/good/cheap php programmer needed asap - PHP Development

I need a php programmer who knows their stuff and knows about mod rewrite etc as my whole site now runs off php and mysql I'd like someone in the UK but they all seem to charge alot more than people in mainland europe. I was quoted 3500 by someone in England for the last lot of work i needed doing. I got it done for 250 by someone in France. However he's now in fulltime employment and is not available. I have a 300ish budget for what i want doing next. It could also lead to much more work. ...

  1. #1

    Default reliable/good/cheap php programmer needed asap

    I need a php programmer who knows their stuff and knows about mod rewrite
    etc as my whole
    site now runs off php and mysql
    I'd like someone in the UK but they all seem to charge alot more than people
    in mainland
    europe. I was quoted 3500 by someone in England for the last lot of work i
    needed doing. I
    got it done for 250 by someone in France. However he's now in fulltime
    employment and is
    not available.
    I have a 300ish budget for what i want doing next. It could also lead to
    much more work.

    Its the accommodation side of my site i need working on for now. You'll find
    it here:
    www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/

    I list hotels from 2 providers
    www.superbreak.com
    and
    www.activehotels.com

    A problem with my hotels provided by superbreak has occurred. i think they
    at superbreak
    have changed a url or something as no files have been changed on my site but
    a big green
    nav bar now appears on all my superbreak provided hotels. e.g
    http://www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/Bath_hotels/Hilton_Bath_City.html
    The green nav bar with "secure online bookings at over 2500 Hotels etc
    etc..." should not
    be there. It wasnt there a few days ago, it is now. plus it has dead links
    and is affecting
    my number of bookings. I think people are clicking on the reservations link
    instead of
    scrolling down the page to the booking form.

    I need this problem fixed asap. I have a test server where work can be
    carried out.

    After this i need a complete overhaul of my accommodation section doing.
    The main important factor though is that NO url's are changed as i have some
    good rankings
    due to incoming links

    Here are some of the main things i need doing to the accommodation section.
    1.
    An admin for me to upload new hotel data from both providers easily.
    Currently i have no
    way of updating my hotel database. The guy who did the initial database a
    few years ago
    used some kind of custom script he made to insert the hotels and change the
    data. I cant
    get hold of this.
    Superbreak provide me with a database once a month, its plain text comma
    delimited i think.
    Activehotels is an Excel database and has a lot more options (hotel options
    e.g swimming
    pool, no smoking etc) I'd like to be able to make use of these extra
    options. Currently i
    dont.
    I also have hotel owners come to me occassionally wanted to be listed
    (independant hotels).
    These get inserted into my hotel database via an admin someone did for me.
    They get listed
    last on my hotel pages.

    The listings order goes like this:
    I'll use the city of Bath as an example.
    http://www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/Bath_hotels/

    Superbreaks hotels have priority, so they are listed first.
    Then activehotels are listed once there are no more superbreak bath
    hotels(see hotel number
    14 the old Malt House on page 2 of the bath hotels.)
    Then 'independant hotels' are listed last, if there are any.(see the Hunters
    Rest Inn on
    page 3 of bath hotels)
    Each listing (superbreak and activehotels) link to a page of info about the
    hotel. I dont
    know how this is done, but the actual hotel info page is got from
    superbreak/active almost
    like an inline frame and ammended onto a page hosted on my site. Some php
    trick that the
    previous programmer did. This gives my site more pages and more search
    engine food.
    e.g
    http://www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/Bath_hotels/Hilton_Bath_City.html
    By the way all pages are created dynamically.

    2. I would like my site visitors to be able to choose to see hotels listed
    by either price
    (cheapest first), or by star rating (3,4,5 star) etc.
    I would also like visitors to be able to search my hotel database for a
    particular hotel,
    currently they can only search by choosing an area or typing in an area, not
    a hotel name.
    It would be good if they could search by keywords too, e.g near heathrow
    airport 5 star
    I need a site search for the whole of my site, not just the hotel part.
    Maybe this should
    be done at the same time?

    Thats about it for now. Any questions please let me know. Please email me a
    price and time
    scale of this work. I can provide any files for you to see if you need to
    see them first in
    order to know how long and if you can do it.
    I'd like someone to be able to start asap. We can sort out a price for just
    that initial
    problem first if you like and then move on if we are both happy. Please be
    trustworthy and
    reliable. No time wasters.

    Regards,
    Chris

    sarahandchris Guest

  2. #2

    "sarahandchris" <com> wrote in message
    people

    find
    but
    link
    some
    section.
    the
    options
    Hunters
    the
    not

    just

    You want all that done for 300? You have to be more realistic...

    jn Guest

  3. #3

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:09:48 +0000, jn wrote:

    It's the same every time they post this crap jn.. except last time it was
    only 200 ;)

    They don't even give responses to people that are possibly interested (see
    alt.comp.lang.php I think).

    But as you say... very unrealistically budgeted.

    Regards,

    Ian

    --
    Ian.H [Design & Development]
    digiServ Network - Web solutions

    Ian.H Guest

  4. #4

    jn wrote:

    Hey, there's always someone who'll build Rome for tuppence if you look
    hard enough.

    And there's always someone who'll offer a fortune for Atlantis (post
    submersion), if a programmer waits long enough. I used to get $35 / hour
    for PHP scripting and JavaScript (spit, curse, rage) 'coding'.

    But you're right: he'll be waiting a while before someone is happy with
    300 GBP to build a whole data entry / maintenance system, even if it
    does sound simple to him. And the problem with payment for
    work-on-demand is that the demands just keep coming, and the extra
    payments don't. Very unreliarble income.

    I wouldn't readily work as a self-employed developer again.
    --
    Bob
    London, UK

  5. #5

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:09:48 GMT, "jn"
    <jason*spamisstupidremovetoreply*netfuture.com> brought forth from
    the murky depths:
    -snip of lots of work-

    But, hey, the other guy made it not work for only 250.

    Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary
    http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications
    Larry Guest

  6. #6

    "sarahandchris" <com> wrote in message

    "reliable/good/cheap/asap"

    hmm.. I think you have heared this expression allready but it is problably
    worthwile to repeat it:

    "I can do it quickly, I can make it good, I can do it cheaply. Pick any two"

    rush
    --
    http://www.templatetamer.com/

    rush Guest