Professional Web Applications Themes

Remove airport and bluetooth software from OS X? - Mac Applications & Software

I'm using OS 10.2.6 on a Mac without bluetooth or airport installed. Is there some easy, clean way to remove any software specific for airport and bluetooth? Would it be easy to reinstall it if it ever should become necessary? -- Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/ de +49 177 8811442...

  1. #1

    Default Remove airport and bluetooth software from OS X?

    --
    Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
    de +49 177 8811442
    Georg Guest

  2. #2

    In article <1g0mnnn.4p53dg1f2ufq3N%de>,
    de (Georg Schwarz) wrote:

    No. Why would you want to ?

    No.

    Simon Guest

  3. #3

    demon.co.uklocalhost (Simon Slavin) writes:
     [/ref]

    because it's not needed with that particular system.
    Georg Guest

  4. #4

    I don't purport to know the answer, but I have a question: Why would you?
    Even if you think, "Well, I don't have any use for wireless, so I might as
    well get rid of it," you will be kicking yourself when you end up needing it,
    such as in a hotel or airport that offers wireless.

    Tim Guest

  5. #5

    > I don't purport to know the answer, but I have a question: Why would you?

    I won't use it there either. All it does for me is
    take up space on my teeny little six-Gig hard drive.

    --
    Wes Groleau
    -----------

    Wes Guest

  6. #6

    > All it does for me is take up space on my teeny little six-Gig hard drive.

    Then you're going to sleep better at night and get more out of your computer
    investment by getting a bigger hard drive. If you use your Mac much at all
    you will be constantly bumping up against a filled-up drive.

    But if you really want to get rid of it you could pop in your install CD and
    see if there is any sort of custom remove option. I've not used the CD in
    ages and I've forgotten if it offers that sort of feature. You could also
    serach for the string "bluetooth" and you'll find a lot of language-specific
    folders you can delete.

    There is also a product called delocalizer that removes a TON of
    language-specific stuff for you.

    Tim Guest

  7. #7

    Tim Murray wrote:

    Yep. Being without significant income, I live with it.
    Point is, I have no need for Airport, or Danish, or Swedish,
    or a lot of other things. I have learned how to remove them.
    I just wish updates would stop putting some of them back. :-)

    In the case of Airport itself, I was just responding
    to the statement that the OP would someday find himself
    somewhere wishing he hadn't removed the driver.

    If I ever found myself in a place where there was
    a wireless receiver, and NO phoneline, then instead
    of wishing I hadn't removed the Airport driver, I'd
    be wishing I hadn't refused to purchase the hardware! :-)

    --
    Wes Groleau
    -----------

    Wes Guest

  8. #8

    In article <bjappm$1rm$zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>,
    de (Georg Schwarz) wrote:
     [/ref]

    >because it's not needed with that particular system.[/ref]

    Something like 60% of the OS isn't needed for any one particular
    installation. It's there because testing one single OS with a
    particular set of components takes far less time than testing all
    the possible combinations of components. Leave it alone: all it's
    doing is using up a little disk space. You'd probably only get
    back a few Meg if you deleted it.

    Simon Guest