Professional Web Applications Themes

removing background in Illustrator - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

When I import my illustrator text into Final cut pro, the white background appears. How do I create a doent in illustrator that does not have a white background. My doent is created on one layer and is on a checkerboard screen. Jeryl...

  1. #1

    Default removing background in Illustrator

    JERYL_MARCUS@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: removing background in Illustrator

    I do not work with Final Cut Pro so I cannot be much help.

    What format are you importing into Final Cut? AI, PDF, eps or...?

    Have you used any form of transparency in the Illustrator file?
    John_Kallios@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I, too, am confused about transparent backgrounds in AI. In my case, I'm trying to import the AI file into Keynote. The only way I have found to get rid of the white background is to first save the AI file as a Photoshop file before importing into Keynote (of course all of the vector info is then lost). Is it possible to set the AI background to be transparent the way one can with Photoshop?

    KD
    Kathleen_Dunlap@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Save it as an EPS. If using a tiff background select transparent.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I have an image that I removed the white background from in Photoshop but when I try to put it in an Illustrator 10 file the background returns. How do I get just the image without the white background? I've tried saving as an EPS and a JPEG with no luck.
    Jane_Turner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I've tried saving as an EPS and a JPEG with no luck.

    Are you saying you placed a eps and a jpg image and got the white background?

    Then, that is the problem. EPS and JPG formats are flat. They do not retain transparency.

    Place a transparent psd image in Illustrator and do not save out as eps from Illustrator unless you want it flat again.
    John_Kallios@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    You could save it as an eps but you need a clipping path if placing it in AI.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Lightbulb Removing background in Illustrator

    I was trying to import an EPS file to Illustrator and the same happened to me.
    Instead of drag and drop, I openned the file so Illustrator would allow me to edit it.
    Ungroupped the object, removed the white background et voilá! It worked as a charmed.
    Unregistered Guest