Professional Web Applications Themes

Removing the Highlight from text - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I found this topic already mentioned, followed the suggested means to take care of it but it didn't work. [I'm using Windows ME and Adobe Acrobat 5.0] In hopes of us not repeating ourselves, I've copied and pasted the suggested fix and my reply to it below: -- The fix continued...

  1. #1

    Default Removing the Highlight from text

    I found this topic already mentioned, followed the suggested means to take
    care of it but it didn't work.

    [I'm using Windows ME and Adobe Acrobat 5.0]

    In hopes of us not repeating ourselves, I've copied and pasted the suggested fix and my reply to it below:

    -- The fix -------
    Ian Burton - 04:25am Jan 15, 2004 Pacific (#1 of 4)
    You can remove a highlight after the commented PDF has been saved. Select
    the highlight tool and hold the cursor over the highlight you want to
    delete. The pointer turns into a black dart. Right click and select delete
    from the popup menu.

    You cannot remove part of a highlight. You'd have to delete all of a
    single highlight and then re-highlight what you need.
    Cheers
    Ian

    -- My Reply -------
    Harvey Giebner - 07:12pm May 1, 2004 Pacific (#3 of 4)
    I followed your directions, the pointer turned into a black dart, I right
    clicked and selected delete. The words stayed yellow.

    If I highlight a new line and follow the above directions, it works just
    as you said.

    The document is one sent to me, there is no security settings on it so I
    can't figure how to get rid of the yellow!

    I even went to Edit - Preferences - General - Forms and changed the
    highlight color from yellow to white.

    My highlight key is now white but when I highlight something it still
    highlights in yellow.

    Appreciate your help.
    ---------
    It seems that if someone sends you a pdf file with text highlighted you
    can't get rid of the highlight, there should be a way but is there?? On
    the other hand, if you highlight text in the same file you can get rid of the highlight.

    The other weird thing is even after changing my highlight color to white,
    it still highlights in yellow. Anyone know why that is?

    My thanks to anyone that can solve this mystery!!!!
    Harvey_Giebner@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Removing the Highlight from text

    An highlight that has been applied in Acrobat will be an annotation/comment.
    bring up the comment palette to get an overview of all comments in the pdf including any highlights, select the comment you want to get rid of and delete it.

    If the highlight does not show up in the comments palette it's part of the actual document and then only the touchup object tool might be able to remove it.
    de_Siem@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Anybody has clue, how to print highlighted pdf with highlights appearing in print?
    indijay@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Acrobat 6

    File > Print > Print What > Document and comments

    Acrobat 5

    Select the Print Comments checkbox in the Print dialogue box.

    A highlight is a comment and therefore you have to specify that you want it printed. You can print in this way to the Adobe PDF/Acrobat Distiller printer to produce a new PDF with these highlights made "permanent" so you can take away this task from the user should.
    Dorian_Grey@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I tried to do what de Siem said. I went to tools - comments, tried summarize, read that there were no comments so I clicked on delete and read the same, no comments were deleted.

    I tried the touch up tool and that will work, you just have to be careful when you move the box below the highlighted text so you can click on the highlight, then delete, to get rid of it and then move the box/text back to where you want it.

    Mystery solved!!!!! THANKS DE SIEM
    Harvey_Giebner@adobeforums.com Guest