Professional Web Applications Themes

Repost - Unable to create a web photo album - Macromedia Fireworks

I posted this a few weeks back and got a couple of folks with the same problem, but no solutions. I need to try again. I have MM Studio MX installed on one machine and Studio MX 2004 installed on another brand new fresh system. My results are identical on both. I create lots of photo albums for non-profit (as in non-paying) groups like our school, church, sports teams, and so on. I've been doing this for years with the previous versions of DW and folks have come to count on me, but since I upgraded to MX, I've needed ...

  1. #1

    Default Repost - Unable to create a web photo album

    I posted this a few weeks back and got a couple of folks with the same
    problem, but no solutions. I need to try again.

    I have MM Studio MX installed on one machine and Studio MX 2004 installed on
    another brand new fresh system. My results are identical on both.

    I create lots of photo albums for non-profit (as in non-paying) groups like
    our school, church, sports teams, and so on. I've been doing this for years
    with the previous versions of DW and folks have come to count on me, but
    since I upgraded to MX, I've needed to resort to the chincy little albums
    that come with the digital cameras and a number of folks are disappointed,
    wanting my old ones back.

    Here's the problem. Whenever I run Web Photo Album 2.2 in Dreamweaver, it
    goes through all the motions, shows me all the previews in FW as it creates
    the pages and so on. But, suddenly it will stop (I think when it is creating
    the index page of thumbnails) and return a message that "the user has
    canceled batch processing of images in Fireworks". I've done this with big
    and small albums on two different PC's.

    It seems to me that MX created a keystroke shortcut to cancel processing or
    something that somehow gets triggered during this script, but I have no idea
    what it is. This is a built in Macromedia script, so I thought they would
    have fixed it, but apparently they have not.

    For you programmer types, there seems to be a real void of quality slide
    shows out there. I'd love to have one (and would pay) that gave me some
    control over backgrounds, thumbnail size, and coolest of all allowed the
    user to specify a browse of pictures or a self-running slide show. If
    there's one out there, I've not found it.

    Thanks all for your help.

    TinMan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Repost - Unable to create a web photo album

    Maybe I should be more specific. I am using version 2.1.8 on the MX machine
    and 2.2 on the MX 2004. Sorry about that.

    "TinMan" <com> wrote in message
    on
    like
    years
    creates
    creating
    or
    idea

    TinMan Guest

  3. #3

    Have you tried re-downloading and re-installing the extension? Maybe your
    download is corrupt.

    Alternatively, if you're starting with huge images, you may be running low
    on memory.

    This extension works fine for me and its a really great way to make photo
    albums...

    Rich

    "TinMan" <com> wrote in message
    on
    like
    years
    creates
    creating
    or
    idea

    Rich Guest

  4. #4

    I've tried reloading it. I've got a GIG of ram on both systems. Usually I am
    running pretty large albums, but I've always reduced the pics themselves to
    about 500 pixels and I have the same results whether I have 10 or 200 pics.

    I figured most people were not having issues, or there would be a patch, but
    I know at least 3 different folks who are and I'm having it on several
    machines.

    Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll try anything. It really is a great
    script. I used to use it all the time.

    Tin

    "Rich" <ca> wrote in message

    TinMan Guest

  5. #5

    I don't have an answer to your problem because like Rich, the extension
    works fine for me. I do have an alternative or two that might work for you.

    http://www.projectseven.com/extensions/info/show_pic/index.htm
    is one place to start.

    And another one from Community MX and Kim Cavanaugh....

    http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=A353A2CE13BD2A24

    Just a couple ideas.......
    SKB

    TinMan wrote: