Professional Web Applications Themes

"required resources" problem - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I only get this error when attempting to work with picture packages. It was discussed on a different thread and I thought we had it resolved, but it came back today. I'm running a new 900mhz iBook with 640meg of RAM, and over 30gig of free disk space. When putting a picture package together, everything goes fine until the package is constructed. When I hit the save button, Elements just shuts down immediately. If I attempt to resize the canvas, I get an error message saying something to the effect of required resources could not be found to complete the ...

  1. #1

    Default "required resources" problem

    I only get this error when attempting to work with picture packages. It was discussed on a different thread and I thought we had it resolved, but it came back today.

    I'm running a new 900mhz iBook with 640meg of RAM, and over 30gig of free disk space. When putting a picture package together, everything goes fine until the package is constructed. When I hit the save button, Elements just shuts down immediately. If I attempt to resize the canvas, I get an error message saying something to the effect of required resources could not be found to complete the command.

    The suggestion was made on the other thread to repair permissions. That did nothing. THen someone else suggested I install MacJanitor and run it for all tasks. After doing so the problem went away. I now run all tasks on a weekly basis.

    Today the problem came back. I repaired all permissions and ran all macjanitor tasks but the problem persists. All other functions within Elements seem to be fine, and I don't have a problem with any other apps. Anyone have any ideas?
    rick mathes Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: "required resources" problem

    Anyone?

    I need to use the picture package functionality for my work and it's very helpful when it works, but to have it crash the app in front of a client is less than cool.

    Interestingly, I can open a pre-existing picture package file and play with it, but I can't save or edit new ones without either the app closing or getting this error message.

    I sure hope someone out there has a clue on this.
    rick mathes Guest

  3. #3

    Rick, I do remember that other thread. Have you tried posting this problem on an Apple forum? You'll get a bigger audience of Mac users, so the chances of finding someone who's had something similar happen will be better. Unfortunately, you seem to be the only person on this forum with those symptoms. And if you're ever able to figure out what's causing the problem, it would be really helpful if you'd post the fix.

    Oh, I no longer remember - are you using one of the picture package templates that came with Elements, or did you wind up creating a custom one? If this one is a custom, does the same thing happen if you use one of the pre-made ones?

    Did you ever check your RAM? I know it's a new computer, but that doesn't guarantee each part is perfect, unfortunately. Those picture packages you're constructing are moderately large; maybe that "resource" has something to do with hardware, not software?
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    Yes, I really don't know what else to suggest, except maybe downloading Jaguar Cache Cleaner and (carefully!) running that. If that helps, we need to figure out why you are having cache troubles.

    Before doing that, have you tried 'fsck"?
    Barbara Brundage Guest