Professional Web Applications Themes

resetWorld not resetting visibility - Macromedia Director 3D

I am using resetWorld in a Movie Script to reset my 3D assets. In the movie I make a model invisible using member("CubeReels").model(31).visibility=#none. When the movie is rewound, all scripts recompiled, the model remains invisible. Does resetWorld not affect object visibility?...

  1. #1

    Default resetWorld not resetting visibility

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: resetWorld not resetting visibility

    you can just put the same visibility=none code after the resetworld but change it to front or both
    tyree_2 Guest

  3. #3

    >Does resetWorld not affect object visibility?
    It really should.
    invisible.
    Only if you really use "resetworld", only rewinding and recompiling will not
    change the 3D member to it's original state.

    hondo3000 Guest

  4. #4

    tyree_2 & hondo3000, thanks for the responses. I thought I was really using
    resetWorld. I have it inside a prepareMovie function inside of a Movie script.
    Is this the right place to call it, or do I need to compile a projector to
    truly test the reset?

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  5. #5

    Maybe you could try to put it into "on beginsprite" or "on endsprite" handler.
    But at the moment i am not sure why it should not work in a "preparemovie"
    handler...

    When I import a w3d file into an empty project, i can set the visibility of a
    model to #none. Let's say i type into the message window:
    put member(1).model[2].visibilty
    -- #front

    member(1).model[2].visibilty=#none
    put member(1).model[2].visibilty
    -- #none

    member(1).resetworld()

    put member(1).model[2].visibilty
    -- #front

    It is defenitely working as expected. But if it is only in the preparemovie
    handler, it will only be executed the first time you start the movie inside
    director or in the projector. If you want to resetworld at runtime, you need to
    put it somewhere else. Can you describe in which situation the "resetworld" is
    not working?

    hondo3000 Guest

  6. #6

    I was incorrect when I stated that resetWorld was inside of the prepareMovie
    function. It is in the same Movie script as my prepareMovie function, however
    it is outside the prepareMovie function.

    Take a look at the attached code. I thought that placing the code in either
    spot would be ok, as both of the trace statements fire when I play my movie.
    Anyone know why a trace statement would fire outside of the prepareMovie
    function but resetWorld apparently doesn't?

    //**This is in a Movie script**

    //This fires whenever the scripts are recompiled, and when the movie plays.
    trace("Outside prepareMovie");

    function prepareMovie(){
    //This fires when the movie plays.
    trace("Inside prepareMovie");
    }

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  7. #7

    you can also place resetworld in the last frame of your movie
    tyree_2 Guest