Professional Web Applications Themes

Resize object by actual dimensions - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Illustrator 10... I cannot find any way to draw out a simple box and then tell Illustrator that I want it exactly 2" by 3.5" - what am I missing? Thanks! Tim...

  1. #1

    Default Resize object by actual dimensions

    Tim_Kramer@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Resize object by actual dimensions

    what am I missing?

    The manual, perhaps?

    There are a number of ways to do this.

    Easiest: CLICK on your artboard with the rectangle tool instead of click-dragging. Enter your desired dimensions into the dialog box.

    Almost as easy: Draw a box with the rectangle tool, then enter your desired dimensions into the W and H boxes in the Transform palette.

    =-= Harron =-=
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the help... but the thing is that I don't have W & H in the Transform
    Palette.... I only get "change it uniformly" or not, and then a little window to
    change the percentages uniformly or not.

    Tim

  4. #4

    Are you seeing the transforma pallet (shift f8) with an X and Y coordinate and a W and H dimensions and then below that a rotate and skew box?

    If your transform pallet doesn't show all that, maybe it is time to delete your hidden "aiprefs" file.
    Philip_Peterson@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Tim,

    You're talking about the transform scale dialog box (from the menu bar: Object | Transform | Scale).

    I'm talking about the Transform PALETTE, which you turn on from the menu bar: Window | Transform. Alternately, use the keyboard shortcut Shift+F8.

    By the way, would you please turn off autoquote? Most people access this forum via Web browser, so my original message appears right above yours. Quoting entire replies is unnecessary and just makes things more difficult to read. Thanks.

  6. #6

    Hi Harron.... (and others)
    Thanks so much for the help!
    ______
    Also, I looked in Outlook Express, and I can't find autoquote anywhere.... I
    went to Tools > Options > and then to Send and I have my settings set to send
    News as Plain Text, and then you click into the Plain Text settings, but there's
    nothing there for autoquote.
    I'll be more than glad to make my posts more readable/accessible. If there's
    something I can change in OEx, by all means, I'd love the help! ;)

  7. #7

    Tim,

    In OE I think the setting is Options | Send tab | uncheck 'Include message in reply.' I used the term 'autoquote' in a generic sense, and I apologize if that was misleading.

  8. #8

    Tim,

    Harron's got it. Tools>Options>Send uncheck 'Include message in reply.'

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    (Thanks, Len.)
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest