Professional Web Applications Themes

Resizing Flash Movies - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Hi! I'd grealty appreciate any help regarding resizing a movie. I am making a site and on one section a button opens a new movie which is a password movie. After the correct password is entered a secret part of the website opens. The password movie keeps opeing up to the size of the main movie I wanted to know how I could make it open up to a smaller size. Also, Iwanted to know how I could get a movie to fill the screen? I searched the forum and couldnt find any answers so I apologize in advance if ...

  1. #1

    Default Resizing Flash Movies

    Hi! I'd grealty appreciate any help regarding resizing a movie. I am making a site and on one section a button opens a new movie which is a password movie. After the correct password is entered a secret part of the website opens. The password movie keeps opeing up to the size of the main movie I wanted to know how I could make it open up to a smaller size. Also, Iwanted to know how I could get a movie to fill the screen? I searched the forum and couldnt find any answers so I apologize in advance if this is spam in case I missed a post.

    Warm Regards,
    Al

    anak76 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    I needed to resize my flash movie down 100 pixels.
    What i have done is cut all the frames and paste them into a new movie clip
    in the root,
    then resized that movie clip so it's the correct size.

    Flash has obviously changed the size(px) of the images but my question is,
    will flash resize the JPEGs within the movie or will they still be the same
    size(kb)? - or - Do i need to redo all my graphics to this new size?

    oli Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Resizing Flash Movies

    If you only need to make it appear smaller on screen, just change the HTML
    and it will scale appropriately.
    --
    All the best,
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest

  4. #4

    Yeah, i tried that first but the JPEGs went quite blocky and looked pretty
    odd.
    Thanks for the quick response though.

    "Jeckyl" <JeckylHyde.com> wrote in message
    > If you only need to make it appear smaller on screen, just change the HTML
    > and it will scale appropriately.
    > --
    > All the best,
    > Jeckyl

    oli Guest

  5. #5

    Best to resize your images externally (if you can, with a decent image
    editor) and then reimport your image. Otherwise you'll have the same
    blockiness/blurriness problem, and no saving in file size.
    --
    All the best,
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest

  6. #6

    Yeah, ended up batching them in photoshop, then updating in flash.
    Suprized flash could not do the resizing on export tho, all the files were
    the same size despite being 100px smaller.

    > Best to resize your images externally (if you can, with a decent image
    > editor) and then reimport your image. Otherwise you'll have the same
    > blockiness/blurriness problem, and no saving in file size.
    > --
    > All the best,
    > Jeckyl

    oli Guest

  7. #7

    On 2005-03-23 01:46:59 -0800, "oli" <nonenone.com> said:
    > I needed to resize my flash movie down 100 pixels.
    > What i have done is cut all the frames and paste them into a new movie clip
    > in the root,
    > then resized that movie clip so it's the correct size.
    >
    > Flash has obviously changed the size(px) of the images but my question is,
    > will flash resize the JPEGs within the movie or will they still be the same
    > size(kb)? - or - Do i need to redo all my graphics to this new size?
    Flash will scale them visibly, but the file size of the images will be
    the same unless you actually resize them using Fireworks or Photoshop
    and re-import.
    --
    The Grass Apple - { [url]www.grassapple.com[/url] } news?

    timberfish Guest

  8. #8

    On 2005-03-23 04:51:25 -0800, "oli" <nonenone.com> said:
    > Yeah, ended up batching them in photoshop, then updating in flash.
    > Suprized flash could not do the resizing on export tho, all the files were
    > the same size despite being 100px smaller.
    >
    > "Jeckyl" <JeckylHyde.com> wrote in message
    >> Best to resize your images externally (if you can, with a decent image
    >> editor) and then reimport your image. Otherwise you'll have the same
    >> blockiness/blurriness problem, and no saving in file size.
    >> --
    >> All the best,
    >> Jeckyl
    Flash "can" do resizing, but it's not an image editor, so it's just
    scaling rather than manipulating your image.