Professional Web Applications Themes

Restricting number of users for my Network CD - Macromedia Director Lingo

HI Everybody: I have developed a CDROM product using Director for the Intranet. I am wondering how to control the number of users accessing the program. Any takes? Many thanks in advance Sudhir Anand...

  1. #1

    Default Restricting number of users for my Network CD

    upbeatsw webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Restricting number of users for my Network CD

    Hello Sudhir Anand,

    I don't quite understand: CDROM, an intranet and the Internet seem exclusive
    terms to me ??

    I might be able to help if I understood better.

    Alan Knight

    Alan Knight Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Alan:

    Thanks for you reply.

    Let me try and explain this better. I have a CBT product created using DIrector that I want to distribute on CDROM. I want to distribute as a single user version for stand alone PC and I want to distribute as a Network compatible version.

    For the network compatible version, I want to be able to control the number of users allowed to access the CBT course. How can I do that? I would appreciate your help.

    Many thanks in advance

    Sudhir

    upbeatsw webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    > I want to be able to control the number of users allowed to access the CBT
    course.
    The following goMU based movie will scan the LAN for a dupe movie running
    with the same license info. If you can provide accounts (as simple as e.g.
    yourSerial.user1, yourSerial.user2 etc) it can work as is. I suppose it
    could also be modified to limit to a number larger than one.
    When a dupe movie is located on the LAN, the behaviour will call the
    appropriate handlers, so that you can decide what action to perform (quit,
    usually).

    [url]http://gomu.rebus.gr/Content/goMU.examples.htm[/url] , readyToGo category,
    goMU-LANlock the movie.

    If you are on windows, you can do a quick check by downloading:
    [url]http://gomu.rebus.gr/Examples/ReadyToGo/goMU-LANlock.zip[/url]

    "upbeatsw" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Alan:
    >
    > Thanks for you reply.
    >
    > Let me try and explain this better. I have a CBT product created using
    DIrector that I want to distribute on CDROM. I want to distribute as a
    single user version for stand alone PC and I want to distribute as a Network
    compatible version.

    > For the network compatible version, I want to be able to control the
    number of users allowed to access the CBT course. How can I do that? I
    would appreciate your help.

    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Sudhir

    alchemist Guest

  5. #5

    I use Armadillo, by Silicon Realms for something like that. It will count
    licenses for you.

    Judy

    "upbeatsw" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Alan:
    >
    > Thanks for you reply.
    >
    > Let me try and explain this better. I have a CBT product created using
    DIrector that I want to distribute on CDROM. I want to distribute as a
    single user version for stand alone PC and I want to distribute as a Network
    compatible version.

    > For the network compatible version, I want to be able to control the
    number of users allowed to access the CBT course. How can I do that? I
    would appreciate your help.

    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Sudhir

    JPrice Guest