Professional Web Applications Themes

Retrospect 4.3 for the Mac - Mac Applications & Software

I have a G4 running System 9.1 I just noticed that I had a copy of Retrospect 4.3 on my HD. I would like to do automatic incremental backups to another HD. Will Retrospect Express do that? Thanks, Sy...

  1. #1

    Default Retrospect 4.3 for the Mac

    I have a G4 running System 9.1

    I just noticed that I had a copy of Retrospect 4.3 on my HD. I would
    like to do automatic incremental backups to another HD.

    Will Retrospect Express do that?

    Thanks,

    Sy
    Sy Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Retrospect 4.3 for the Mac

    In article <sytech-0FE3B8.19515404072003news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    Sy <sytech> wrote:
    > I have a G4 running System 9.1
    >
    > I just noticed that I had a copy of Retrospect 4.3 on my HD. I would
    > like to do automatic incremental backups to another HD.
    >
    > Will Retrospect Express do that?
    Yes.

    Retrospect is a bit tricky to set up. You have to get into the heads of
    the designers, but once you figure it out, it works.

    There are three concepts you need to get.
    - backup sets: what you want backed up
    - volumes: where the backups should be stored
    - scripts: when the backups should occur

    The UI sort of takes you through these things.

    When you set up a backup system, always test it. That means make sure
    that you can *restore* data from a backup set.

    --
    Woofbert, Chief Rocket Surgeon, Infernosoft
    Woofbert's Law on Learning Linux: When attempting to learn Linux,

  4. #4

  5. #5

    In article <woofbert.spam-7A747B.17110604072003typhoon.sonic.net>,
    Woofbert <woofbert.spaminfernosoft.com> wrote:
    > In article <sytech-0FE3B8.19515404072003news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    > Sy <sytech> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a G4 running System 9.1
    > >
    > > I just noticed that I had a copy of Retrospect 4.3 on my HD. I would
    > > like to do automatic incremental backups to another HD.
    > >
    > > Will Retrospect Express do that?
    >
    > Yes.
    >
    > Retrospect is a bit tricky to set up. You have to get into the heads of
    > the designers, but once you figure it out, it works.
    >
    > There are three concepts you need to get.
    > - backup sets: what you want backed up
    Backup sets are where the backups should be stored.
    > - volumes: where the backups should be stored
    Volumes are what can be selected to be backed up.
    > - scripts: when the backups should occur
    Yes!

    > The UI sort of takes you through these things.
    >
    > When you set up a backup system, always test it. That means make sure
    > that you can *restore* data from a backup set.
    --
    Alan Baker
    Vancouver, British Columbia

  6. #6