Professional Web Applications Themes

Returning to the Forum - Macromedia Freehand

Greetings, All -- As some of the FreeHand forum regulars/old-timers may recall, almost six months ago now, I left the forum in disgust at what was happening with the FH10 debacle and what appeared to me to be a serious attitude problem on MM's part. As it turned out, I couldn't *really* stay away and after about a month began lurking and have been doing so ever since. I must say I was very pleased and encouraged to see what appeared to be the turning of a new leaf with MM's listing on their web site of known issues with ...

  1. #1

    Default Returning to the Forum

    Greetings, All --
    As some of the FreeHand forum regulars/old-timers may recall, almost six
    months ago now, I left the forum in disgust at what was happening with the
    FH10 debacle and what appeared to me to be a serious attitude problem on
    MM's part.
    As it turned out, I couldn't *really* stay away and after about a month
    began lurking and have been doing so ever since. I must say I was very
    pleased and encouraged to see what appeared to be the turning of a new leaf
    with MM's listing on their web site of known issues with FHMX and the timely
    release of the MXa updater to address many of these. This is how a software
    company should be run and I want to acknowledge, and express my appreciation
    for, the change.
    I look forward to re-joining the ongoing discussions here and pitching in
    where I can. Though I've downloaded and looked at FH10 & MX, I still see no
    compelling reason to upgrade from my beloved 8 which, for the work I do,
    does everything I need and does it quickly, cleanly, and stably (is that a
    word?). So any contributions I might make will, of necessity, be of a
    general nature and not specific to recent versions of FH, but I still look
    forward to "being back."
    One thing I've really missed in my lurking is JET's incredible
    contributions to the forum, as he apparently got serious about Illustrator
    as a result of the FH10 mess and so hasn't been heard from here much at all.
    Hey, James, if you're lurking (as I suspect you are since you did respond to
    a direct inquiry not too long ago), what's up? Would love to hear how things
    are going, how you're doing your work these days, etc.
    Bill Schuhle

    Bill Schuhle Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Returning to the Forum

    Hi Bill,
    Welcome back.

    -Curtis
    New FHMXa User - Old FreeHand Abuser
    G4 450, OSX 10.2.6 256mb Ram
    Acumowchek webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Bill Schuhle wrote:
    > As some of the FreeHand forum regulars/old-timers may recall, almost six
    > months ago now, I left the forum in disgust at what was happening with the
    > FH10 debacle and what appeared to me to be a serious attitude problem on
    > MM's part.
    Hi Bill, glad to see you posting here again. I also sat out FH10, but am
    happy with FHMXa.
    > I look forward to re-joining the ongoing discussions here and pitching in
    > where I can. Though I've downloaded and looked at FH10 & MX, I still see no
    > compelling reason to upgrade from my beloved 8 which, for the work I do,
    > does everything I need and does it quickly, cleanly, and stably (is that a
    > word?).
    I think you should buy FHMXa just to make a financial contribution to the
    development of future versions of FH. You wouldn't even have to use it if
    you didn't like it. ;-)

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Arndt Guest

  4. #4

    > Hi Bill, glad to see you posting here again.

    Hi, Judy, and thanks. As always, even in lurker mode, I've been impressed
    and grateful for your explorations and insights into the vagaries of our
    favorite vector software :-)
    > I also sat out FH10, but am happy with FHMXa.
    I'm glad to hear that, for your sake and for Macromedia's :-0
    > I think you should buy FHMXa just to make a financial contribution to the
    > development of future versions of FH. You wouldn't even have to use it if
    > you didn't like it. ;-)
    LOL! If I could get it for a reasonable upgrade price, I might consider
    that. But since I'd have to go for the full 400 smackers, I think I'll pass.
    Actually, that got me to thinking, though ... If MM set up a fund to be
    applied to the development of a version of FreeHand that consisted of FH8
    with ALL the bugs fixed and with ALL of JET's suggested features list
    implemented (also bug-free), then I might consider making a "donation" :-)

    As it happens, we're still using FH8 at the copy shop where I work and where
    I actually do most of my FH work these days. We only have it on the Mac
    there, so to upgrade to MXa would involve not only laying down $400, but
    also making the jump to OSX which we're nowhere close to doing at this
    point. That whole package would be a hard sell to the boss and not one I
    could even put my heart into, unfortunately.

    Bill Schuhle

    Bill Schuhle Guest