Professional Web Applications Themes

Revised AOL User Agreement formalizes recent trend in poorly-functionalsoftware? - Mac Applications & Software

I know there are some very smart guys and gals here (as well as one or two trolls) who use AOL, so I wanted to post this section of the Revised AOL User Agreement: "AOL and the suppliers do not warrant that the functions contained in the software or AOL services will meet your requirements or that the operation of the software or AOL services will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the software or AOL services will be corrected." All of us, especially early adopters of Wintel or Mac OS releases, are becoming increasingly familiar with the ...

  1. #1

    Default Revised AOL User Agreement formalizes recent trend in poorly-functionalsoftware?

    I know there are some very smart guys and gals here (as well as one
    or two trolls) who use AOL, so I wanted to post this section of the
    Revised AOL User Agreement:
    "AOL and the suppliers do not warrant that the functions contained
    in the software or AOL services will meet your requirements or
    that the operation of the software or AOL services will be
    uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the software
    or AOL services will be corrected."
    All of us, especially early adopters of Wintel or Mac OS releases,
    are becoming increasingly familiar with the concept of paying to
    beta-test poorly-functional software, but now AOL has formalized
    this concept, which will probably become the new precedent for
    poorly-functional software releases in the future.
    George Williams Guest

  2. #2

    In article <3F0F0847.33DB1DB9mac.com>,
    George Williams <nyar1ath0tepmac.com> wrote:
    > I know there are some very smart guys and gals here (as well as one
    > or two trolls) who use AOL, so I wanted to post this section of the
    > Revised AOL User Agreement:
    > "AOL and the suppliers do not warrant that the functions contained
    > in the software or AOL services will meet your requirements or
    > that the operation of the software or AOL services will be
    > uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the software
    > or AOL services will be corrected."
    > All of us, especially early adopters of Wintel or Mac OS releases,
    > are becoming increasingly familiar with the concept of paying to
    > beta-test poorly-functional software, but now AOL has formalized
    > this concept, which will probably become the new precedent for
    > poorly-functional software releases in the future.
    This style of non-warranty actually dates back to VisiCalc - the killer
    app that really fired the rise of the desktop computer.

    Gregory Weston Guest

  3. Moderated Post

    Default Re: Revised AOL User Agreement formalizes recent trend in poorly-functional

    Removed by Administrator
    Mike Rosenberg Guest
    Moderated Post

  4. #4

    In article <gwestonREMOVE-E23740.10330312072003netnews.attbi.com>,
    Gregory Weston <gwestonREMOVECAPSattbi.com> wrote:
    > In article <3F0F0847.33DB1DB9mac.com>,
    > George Williams <nyar1ath0tepmac.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I know there are some very smart guys and gals here (as well as one
    > > or two trolls) who use AOL, so I wanted to post this section of the
    > > Revised AOL User Agreement:
    > > "AOL and the suppliers do not warrant that the functions contained
    > > in the software or AOL services will meet your requirements or
    > > that the operation of the software or AOL services will be
    > > uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the software
    > > or AOL services will be corrected."
    > > All of us, especially early adopters of Wintel or Mac OS releases,
    > > are becoming increasingly familiar with the concept of paying to
    > > beta-test poorly-functional software, but now AOL has formalized
    > > this concept, which will probably become the new precedent for
    > > poorly-functional software releases in the future.
    >
    > This style of non-warranty actually dates back to VisiCalc - the killer
    > app that really fired the rise of the desktop computer.
    The language is similar to that which can be found in any software
    agreement.
    David L. Harris Guest

  5. #5

    "David L. Harris" <spamtrapwap.org> writes:

    > The language is similar to that which can be found in any software
    > agreement.
    Better than the language I put in the programs I release for
    shareware. Usually something along the lines of "you have no rights
    and I accept no responsibility with respect to this program. If you
    don't like it, don't install it."

    -- David
    David C. Guest