Hi all,

I just realized Apache::Session::Memcached, a simple module that stores
persistent data using memcached (and his Cache::Memcached Perl API) for
Apache::Session storage.

It's available for evaluating and testing at:

[url]http://modperl.it/Apache-Session-Memcached-0.01.tar.gz[/url]

I've attached a temporary POD at the end of the message.

I searched on CPAN and I've not found any similar module (the reason why I wrote
it).

Since I would put it on CPAN, any suggestions about the module and/or namespace
are welcome.

Thanks in advance

by

- Enrico

---

=head1 NAME

Apache::Session::Memcached - Stores persistent data using memcached (memory
cache daemon) for Apache::Session storage

=head1 SYNOPSIS

use Apache::Session::Memcached;
tie %session, 'Apache::Session::Memcached', $sid, {
Servers => '10.0.0.1:20000 10.0.0.2:20000',
};

tie %size_aware_session, 'Apache::Session::Memcached', $sid, {
Servers => '10.0.0.1:20000 10.0.0.2:20000',
};

=head1 DESCRIPTION

Apache::Session::Memcached is a bridge between Apache::Session and
memcached, a distributed memory cache daemon.

More informations about memcached are available at
L<http://www.dunga.com/memcached>.

This module provides a way to use Cache::Memcached (memcached Perl API) as
Apache::Session storage implementation.

=head1 NOTE

This is a alpha release.
Docs and some code checks must be improved.

=head1 SEE ALSO

L<Apache::Session|Apache::Session>,
L<Apache::Session::Flex|Apache::Session::Flex>,
L<Cache::Memcached|Cache::Memcached>, L<memcached>.

=head1 AUTHOR

Enrico Sorcinelli E<lt>enrico at sorcinelliE<gt>

=head1 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE

Copyright (C) 2004 by Enrico Sorcinelli

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.1 or,
at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available.

=cut