Professional Web Applications Themes

Richard Lynch's, Hidden Power downloads - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have been trying to download some of the free tools from Richard Lynch's site, and I can't seem to get it to work. I have a Mac with OS 9.2.2. I am new to this, so I am probably doing something wrong. Never had problems with downloading or installing filters, but this new stuff sure is tricky. Got the tools to download later, and tried to open the HPA3.sea but got an error message, "could not be opened, error -39" and of course the read me files are Microsoft word, so I can't read or convert them to plain ...

  1. #1

    Default Richard Lynch's, Hidden Power downloads

    I have been trying to download some of the free tools from Richard Lynch's site, and I can't seem to get it to work.
    I have a Mac with OS 9.2.2. I am new to this, so I am probably doing something wrong.

    Never had problems with downloading or installing filters, but this new stuff sure is tricky.
    Got the tools to download later, and tried to open the HPA3.sea but got an error message, "could not be opened, error -39" and of course the read me files are Microsoft word, so I can't read or convert them to plain text.

    Discouraging, he has some neat stuff, and it is just hovering out of my reach.
    I did order the book with the CD, do you think that I will have a better chance to download the tools off of the CD?
    I hope that Mac people can get these, has anybody here with a Mac been able to get them?
    Ive been working on this for hours, and my husband just made me a G+T, so I will give up, and go and relax for a while.
    Thanks, Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Richard Lynch's, Hidden Power downloads

    Jane, did you try asking this on the Hidden Elements forum? I found answers to some of my questions there without even having to ask them. :)

    <http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=142>

    If that address wraps, you may need to copy and paste it.

    Patti
    Patti_Anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Patty, I have tried to log back in here to retouchpro.com and they give me my password different each time. I can't seem to log in to this site, even tho my password and user name is OK. So all I have been able to do is 'read'. They seem to be all PC people, so I don't think that the info would be for Mac even if I could get back being logged in.
    I sure wish that I could at least ask here, but nothing seems to work. I think there were 2 user name Jane's, and that cannot be dealt with.

    But this Adobe forum here is the best by far, and I am sure that there will be a Mac person who will come up with some help here. The people here figured out the iTunes problem, and nobody else could do it, so my faith in this forum is the top of all forums.

  4. #4

    Actually Jane a few of the people on that forum (including both Richard Lynch and myself) are mac users -although I've actually had some problems logging in there myself recently - if you can't ask a question there try emailling Richard directly - his address is on this website. Funnily enough I had problems opening the download/installing in OS 10.1.5 and had to reboot into OS9 to get the installer for both HPA2 and HPA3 to work (I don't think later versions of OSX have this problem) The book has a slightly diferent set of tools - in an ideal world you would have both. Once unzipped the installers appear to work fine on OS9.2
    Susan S
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Jane,

    I have both set of tools and had no problems downloading the ones from the website ... however I am using OS 10.2.4.
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    To add to this - I downloaded the Tools with no problems, I have a PC, though.

    But I'm having trouble with the disc...I got the book and the disc..installed okay, but it doesn't show up in Elements at all. I've written two letters to Richard, which probably went astray.

    The free tools I can access in the Welcome screen, and the new ones are supposed to be available in the HOW TO - but they're not there even though it says it installed.

    I'm wondering if I should delete the original download (can't find it in add/remove programs) and re-install.

    Does anyone have a clue? And I'm so sorry this didn't help the original question a bit.

    Lorace
    Lorace_Graham@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hi everybody, I still can't get anything to work, have tried to download over and over again and nothing works.
    Maybe I should try to e-mail him directly, as I never have had any problem with other downloads from other places with filters and so forth.
    I gave up on the forum, as it said I was logged in, and confirmed my user name and password. But still no go.
    I am glad they aren't running a hospital or piloting an airliner! Or me either, we all would be up the creek without a paddle.
    Hopefully when I get the book, I can use some of the tools on the CD.
    Is the read-me file worth finding someone with MS Word to translate it for me?

    Thanks for the suggestions, I hope that the CD from the book will work better.

  8. #8

    Jane,

    I just went back and read the readme file in the Free Tools and I was going to post it, but if you can't download it, it wouldn't help you, I guess. He did say that Mac users need to unzip it, like the PC users do. Here's the address he says to write to if any problems

    Please let me know your interests and requests.
    Richard Lynch
    com
    Copyright©2003 Richard Lynch

    Hope this helps, and good luck

  9. #9

    Jane, don't you have Appleworks or some other word processing app that can open the word file?
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    I tried to register at the retouchpro.com site and received a message at the end that the "administrator has banned your email domain" I use hotmail.com as my primary. Are all hotmail.com address' not allowed to register? I sent an email to a Mr Nelson at the site, but no response yet.
    Earl
    Earl_Alexander@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Hi Everyone, Sara sent me the read-me file in plain text.

    I gave up on the other forum too. We don't need it anyway when we have this one.

    I did get an e-mail back from Richard telling me to use the Zip it instead of the Aladdin Stuffit one. I have used the Stuffit with 100% success for years, but maybe this will be a one time needed change to Zip it. I should try it anyway.

    Thanks everybody, I do think these HP tools will be neat, they sure are great shortcuts. And I will deal with the CD(hopefully) when I get the book next week.

  12. #12

    Earl,

    I had the same experience yesterday. I went thru the entire Registration process and received the same reply. I was wondering if I should have given my AOL address. Oh, well.

    However, not all has been lost. Because of this thread, I tried one more time to install the CD that I got with Richard's book! And this time, it worked! I have no idea why, but I'm sure glad.

    Good luck, Jane.

  13. #13

    Lorace,
    I tried again to register a few minutes ago, this time I entered my ISP email address and it was accepted. I then tried to change my profile and go back to the hotmail address, again it was declined. So I guess I will have to keep my ISP one in order to stay registered.
    Earl_Alexander@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Interesting, Earl. Guess I'll do that, too. It does look like a nice forum.

    Thanks for letting me know,