Professional Web Applications Themes

Rollover buttons with Publisher 2000 - Web Design

Is there any way to get roll-over buttons for web pages created using Publisher 2000? By rollover button I mean where the text or button changes colour when the mouse moves over it without actually clicking. RonH. Ottawa, Canada....

  1. #1

    Default Rollover buttons with Publisher 2000

    Is there any way to get roll-over buttons for web pages created using
    Publisher 2000? By rollover button I mean where the text or button changes
    colour when the mouse moves over it without actually clicking.

    RonH.
    Ottawa, Canada.

    RonH Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rollover buttons with Publisher 2000

    This should do it. You can play around with and make changes. I got from
    bravenet.com

    a:link{font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue; }

    a:visited{ font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue;}

    a:active{ font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue; }

    a:hover { border-width : thin; border-style: dotted; border-color: #808080;
    background-color:#ffffff; font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial;
    color:purple;}

    > Is there any way to get roll-over buttons for web pages created using
    > Publisher 2000? By rollover button I mean where the text or button
    changes
    > colour when the mouse moves over it without actually clicking.
    >
    > RonH.
    > Ottawa, Canada.

    jrc Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you for posting the code - can you give me a little more help ?
    I did insert - I see the code on the page but when I Preview the webpage,
    there is nothing there.
    I must be missing something.

    "jrc" <nospam> wrote in message news:vqa0b0e01n4veecorp.supernews.com...
    > This should do it. You can play around with and make changes. I got from
    > bravenet.com

    > a:link{font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue; }
    >
    > a:visited{ font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue;}
    >
    > a:active{ font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue; }
    >
    > a:hover { border-width : thin; border-style: dotted; border-color:
    #808080;
    > background-color:#ffffff; font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial;
    > color:purple;}

    > > Is there any way to get roll-over buttons for web pages created using
    > > Publisher 2000? By rollover button I mean where the text or button
    > changes
    > > colour when the mouse moves over it without actually clicking.
    > >
    > > RonH.
    > > Ottawa, Canada.

    Lizzzet Guest

  4. #4

    Publisher has no built in "web effects" features.
    For a text color change that is a simple matter of using CSS.
    The hover parameter to be exact. You can insert the CSS code for this on the
    page with an html code fragment.
    The code jrc posted would be fine but use only the a:hover.
    The active and visited and link are already coded in the page by Publisher
    based on your setting these colors under the custom color properties for the
    pub doc.
    These could override your css, besides you don't need conflicting or
    duplicate code.

    So you just insert

    a.hover {color: #000000; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; font-size:
    10pt; text-decoration:underline}

    you of course customize the attributes as desired.
    Color, font face, weight, size, and to underline or not.

    This text hover is used on my site:
    [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/[/url]

    Now as for using buttons and swapping them that involves JavaScript. That's
    more complicated. It can be done though if you know what you are doing.
    First you find a script and then you insert it with a few modifications.

    If you are interested in learning more about CSS and /or JavaScript then I
    refer you to [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/web.htm[/url]
    this page on my site has articles on these and other web topics.
    Some of which can be implemented in a Pub doc and some that can't.

    My site uses CSS, you can view the file yourself at
    [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/db_ss.css[/url]

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    "RonH" <ronh00newsnospam.ca> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to get roll-over buttons for web pages created using
    > Publisher 2000? By rollover button I mean where the text or button
    changes
    > colour when the mouse moves over it without actually clicking.
    >
    > RonH.
    > Ottawa, Canada.

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  5. #5

    You won't see the code in the preview only the effect.
    If you want to use the textual color change I recommend using only

    a.hover {color: #000000; font-family: Arial; font-weight: normal; font-size:
    10pt; text-decoration:underline}

    as the other parameters are already coded by Pub.
    Publisher does not code for the hover.

    --

    "Lizzzet" <LizzzetNOCAPSdc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you for posting the code - can you give me a little more help ?
    > I did insert - I see the code on the page but when I Preview the webpage,
    > there is nothing there.
    > I must be missing something.
    >
    > "jrc" <nospam> wrote in message news:vqa0b0e01n4veecorp.supernews.com...
    > > This should do it. You can play around with and make changes. I got
    from
    > > bravenet.com

    > > a:link{font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue; }
    > >
    > > a:visited{ font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue;}
    > >
    > > a:active{ font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial; color:blue; }
    > >
    > > a:hover { border-width : thin; border-style: dotted; border-color:
    > #808080;
    > > background-color:#ffffff; font-size : 10pt; font-family:arial;
    > > color:purple;}

    > > > Is there any way to get roll-over buttons for web pages created using
    > > > Publisher 2000? By rollover button I mean where the text or button
    > > changes
    > > > colour when the mouse moves over it without actually clicking.
    > > >
    > > > RonH.
    > > > Ottawa, Canada.

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  6. #6

    David,

    Thanks to you and JRC.

    I had inserted JRC's code and with a little fiddling managed to get it to
    work. I actually only changed the color attribute, which seems to work fine
    for the effect I wanted. I initially did more but then the text would jump
    if font and size differed from the Publisher parameters.

    As for other effects, I don't yet "know what I am doing: as you put it but
    am willing to dig a bit and try to learn. I'll check out some of the
    articles on your site.

    I am actually helping build my wife's page and her latest request is for
    bubble pop up text when rolling over with the mouse. Do you know if this is
    one of the effects that can be inserted into Publisher 2000?

    RonH.

    RonH Guest

  7. #7

    [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k/pub2k_32.htm[/url]

  8. #8

    Awesome! I think I'm starting to get the hang of this :-)

    Thanks for the pointers!

    > > I am actually helping build my wife's page and her latest request is for
    > > bubble pop up text when rolling over with the mouse. Do you know if this
    > is
    > > one of the effects that can be inserted into Publisher 2000?
    > >

    > [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k/pub2k_32.htm[/url]
    >

    > --
    > David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    > Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]