Professional Web Applications Themes

Rotate Tool Won't Rotate - Macromedia Freehand

I'm sure this is a simple thing, but I'm blind on it. I've got Freehand MX running on Panther. When I select an object, click the rotate tool and try to free rotate it, it won't. I can rotate through the Transform panel, but I liked my free rotation tool as well. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?...

  1. #1

    Default Rotate Tool Won't Rotate

    ThomZ webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rotate Tool Won't Rotate

    ThomZ,

    1) Select the object(s) you want to rotate.

    2) Get the Rotate Tool. Mousedown at the point (anywhere in the doent, on
    or off the object) about which you want the object to rotate. You should see
    a temporary hairline extending toward the right from where you mousedown.
    Drag along this line some comfortable distance and the move up or down. The
    selected object should rotate accordingly.

    --or--

    1) Assuming you are using the default preferences, DoubleClick the object
    you want to rotate. This should activate the "Transform Handles." (The
    bounding box should look different.)

    2) Position the cursor outside, but near the bounding box. When you see the
    double-arrow cursor, ClickDrag to rotate.

    What part of this behavior are you not seeing?

    JET

    James E. Talmage Guest

  3. #3

    Check to make sure you actually have the Rotate Tool icon (blue blobby
    thing) in your toolbox and not the "Rotate ..." icon which opens the
    Transform/Rotate panel.

    Judy Arndt

    ThomZ wrote:
    > I'm sure this is a simple thing, but I'm blind on it. I've got Freehand MX
    > running on Panther. When I select an object, click the rotate tool and try to
    > free rotate it, it won't.
    >
    > I can rotate through the Transform panel, but I liked my free rotation tool as
    > well. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

    Judy Arndt Guest

  4. #4

    Beyond the above suggestions, make sure you haven't inadvertently locked the object you are trying to rotate.

    Max
    ____________
    Max MacDonald
    Toronto
    maxman23 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    Judy--

    That was it exactly! I was using the pallette tool and not the blue blobby one. Works fine now.

    --Thom

    ThomZ webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Help! Judy mentions the blue "blobby tool" to use for rotation but I cannot
    find this anywhere. Can you please tell me where it's located? I am having the
    same problem where I click on the Rotate tool and it just opens the Transform
    panel and doesn't allow me to free rotate. Help help!

    kwongster Guest

  7. #7

    Windows > Toolbars > Customize > Tools/Commands > Tools > Rotate.
    Drag the icon to your toolbox or toolbar.

    Many happy rotations. ;-)

    Judy Arndt

  8. #8

    Thank you very much! This helps relieve an aggravation about MX!!!!

    Happily rotating,
    Diana
    kwongster Guest