Professional Web Applications Themes

Round some corners command - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, years ago with FW3 I downloaded a nifty extension called "round some corners" - which meant that you could create a shape with some square and some rounded corners. Now I have FWMX and can't seem to find a command that can do that kind of thing. Has anybody else out there heard of it, or know what I'm getting at and can point me in the right direction of how to do this with MX? Help and advice greatly appreciated! Carolyn...

  1. #1

    Default Round some corners command

    Hi,

    years ago with FW3 I downloaded a nifty extension called "round some
    corners" - which meant that you could create a shape with some square and
    some rounded corners.

    Now I have FWMX and can't seem to find a command that can do that kind of
    thing.

    Has anybody else out there heard of it, or know what I'm getting at and can
    point me in the right direction of how to do this with MX?

    Help and advice greatly appreciated!
    Carolyn

    Carolyn Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Round some corners command

    In Fireworks MX, You can adjust the roundness of a rectangle in the
    Properties Inspector. Adjust the Rectangle Roundness property. You can also
    create rounded rectangle by selecting the "Rounded Rectangle Tool" in the
    Basic Shapes group.

    --
    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Marlon De Jesus
    Macromedia Technical Support
    Fireworks / Flash

    "Carolyn" <bennett.carolynwanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > years ago with FW3 I downloaded a nifty extension called "round some
    > corners" - which meant that you could create a shape with some square and
    > some rounded corners.
    >
    > Now I have FWMX and can't seem to find a command that can do that kind of
    > thing.
    >
    > Has anybody else out there heard of it, or know what I'm getting at and
    can
    > point me in the right direction of how to do this with MX?
    >
    > Help and advice greatly appreciated!
    > Carolyn

    Marlon De Jesus - MMTS Guest

  3. #3

    Carolyn wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > years ago with FW3 I downloaded a nifty extension called "round some
    > corners" - which meant that you could create a shape with some square and
    > some rounded corners.
    >
    > Now I have FWMX and can't seem to find a command that can do that kind of
    > thing.
    >
    > Has anybody else out there heard of it, or know what I'm getting at and can
    > point me in the right direction of how to do this with MX?
    >
    > Help and advice greatly appreciated!
    > Carolyn
    That extension seems to be gone from the Project Fireworks site and I
    couldn't find it by Googling but in the older extensions package still
    found there you can use the Fillet command to round one corner at a
    time. That's one I use often myself.

    [url]http://www.projectfireworks.com/Lab.aspx?show=extension_fw_3_4.html[/url]

    HTH!

    Stéphane Bergeron

    Stéphane Bergeron Guest

  4. #4

    i've emailed you the extension to your email address

    dave

    "Carolyn" <bennett.carolynwanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > years ago with FW3 I downloaded a nifty extension called "round some
    > corners" - which meant that you could create a shape with some square and
    > some rounded corners.
    >
    > Now I have FWMX and can't seem to find a command that can do that kind of
    > thing.
    >
    > Has anybody else out there heard of it, or know what I'm getting at and
    can
    > point me in the right direction of how to do this with MX?
    >
    > Help and advice greatly appreciated!
    > Carolyn

    David Prescott Guest

  5. #5

    I was thinking you could just overlap four rectangles and work with each
    corner, but depending on what you want, you may end up with some holes or
    dips where you don't want elsewhere in the shape. Is there a way to post
    this extension to a general location? I will even be glad to host it if
    needed. Otherwise, would you consider sending to user cis2220 on server
    vermontel.net? Thanks.

    Chet

    "David Prescott" <dave_pirjosurfeu.fi> wrote in message
    > i've emailed you the extension to your email address
    >
    > dave
    >
    > "Carolyn" <bennett.carolynwanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > years ago with FW3 I downloaded a nifty extension called "round some
    > > corners" - which meant that you could create a shape with some square
    and
    > > some rounded corners.
    > >
    > > Now I have FWMX and can't seem to find a command that can do that kind
    of
    > > thing.
    > >
    > > Has anybody else out there heard of it, or know what I'm getting at and
    > can
    > > point me in the right direction of how to do this with MX?
    > >
    > > Help and advice greatly appreciated!
    > > Carolyn

    Chester Harold Guest