Professional Web Applications Themes

rtmp and deploying - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

my questino is about the tutorial of Creating a Video Chat: Your First Macromedia Flash Communication Server MX Application It took me 10mn to make it work in my local machine as far as i did not know a lot of flash (but know a lot in dotnet etc.) the thing is i installed media server on my server and uploaded your sample there and it does not work, the connection refuses to be made. suppose my server is [url]www.server.com[/url], suppose the application name is starcoach suppose my application is in C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash Media Server 2\applications\starcoach 2 questions : what ...

  1. #1

    Default rtmp and deploying

    my questino is about the tutorial of Creating a Video Chat: Your First
    Macromedia Flash Communication Server MX Application

    It took me 10mn to make it work in my local machine as far as i did not know a
    lot of flash (but know a lot in dotnet etc.)

    the thing is i installed media server on my server and uploaded your sample
    there and it does not work, the connection refuses to be made.

    suppose my server is [url]www.server.com[/url],
    suppose the application name is starcoach
    suppose my application is in
    C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash Media Server 2\applications\starcoach

    2 questions :
    what do i have to put in the rtmp: of the application ?
    I put rtmp://www.server.com/starcoach

    do I have to configure something special in my IIS6 (as far as I run on W2003)
    or do I have to configure something special in media server ?

    10mn to make it work in local and more than 5 hours to try to deploy it ..

    thanks for your help in advance

    amos kito Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: rtmp and deploying

    You have the rtmp string right. Perhaps it's a firewall or port conflict
    problem. The following might help:

    First, check your firewall on the server. If port 1935 isn't open for FMS,
    open it.

    Next, do you have an http server on the same machine? If so, is it using the
    same IP address as FMS? FMS uses port 80 for tunneling (rtmp over http), but if
    your http server is using port 80, FMS can't.

    Next, did you upload the main.asc files that go with your sample application?

    JayCharles Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Jay

    First of all, thank you for your answer.

    The port 1935 is opened for FMS and the main.asc is in the
    right folder.

    The only thing is about this line : rtmp://www.server.com/starcoach

    How does Flash know where to go if I did not specify the starcoach somewhere
    in the admin FMS ?

    Well, for the moment it still does not work and make me mad..

    Thanks again

    amos kito Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    did u try to check the live log?, maybe you can find the error there, maybe
    you are reaching the flash media server, but an error is occuring. i did not
    start using FMS yet, but in FCS, i would go to the application inspector, and
    check out wether an instance is created when i connect. if yes, get into it,
    and check the problem.

    TheBimmer Guest