Professional Web Applications Themes

Ruby license makes it unuseable ! ! [troll alert] - Ruby

Removed by Administrator...

  1. Moderated Post

    Default Re: Ruby license makes it unuseable ! ! [troll alert]

    Removed by Administrator
    Michael Slater Guest
    Moderated Post

  2. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    ibotty Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Michael Slater Guest
    Moderated Post

  4. #4

    ibotty wrote:
    >>From: anonymous (vcharliemindspring.com)
    >>Subject: Re: Open Watcom
    >>Original Format
    >>Newsgroups: lucky.openbsd.misc
    >>Date: 2003-02-08 21:42:11 PST
    [SNIP]
    > this is surely a reaction on the stop of funding by darpa.
    *bzzzt* Wrong!

    Look at the subject. Then look at the date.

    That post has nothing to do with DARPA pulling OpenBSD's funding.
    >>Peace.
    >
    > absolutly, but not the bush-way ;)
    -1, Flamebait
    > ~ibotty
    -Kent

    Kent R. Spillner Guest

  5. #5

    >> this is surely a reaction on the stop of funding by darpa.
    >
    > *bzzzt* Wrong!
    >
    > Look at the subject. Then look at the date.
    >
    > That post has nothing to do with DARPA pulling OpenBSD's funding.
    hell, this is clearly a case in which one should investigate first, post
    later.
    than, this is only an unmotivated policical incorrect criticism on
    us-foreign politics.
    >>>Peace.
    >>
    >> absolutly, but not the bush-way ;)
    >
    > -1, Flamebait
    you are right.

    ~ibotty
    ibotty Guest

  6. #6

    Hello ibotty,

    Friday, September 5, 2003, 8:49:08 AM, you wrote:

    i> the original post regarding ruby's license is clearly a trolls post (i never
    i> heard anyone complaining about artistic and bsd licenses...),

    For example: R. Stallman and other religous fighters.

    --
    Best regards,

    Lothar Scholz Guest

  7. #7

    > > the original post regarding ruby's license is clearly a trolls post (i
    > > never heard anyone complaining about artistic and bsd licenses...),
    >
    > For example: R. Stallman and other religous fighters.
    i meant complaining, that they cannot use something with this license.
    well, they do also complain, but still use it (see e.g.: perl, used by rms).

    ~ibotty

    ibotty Guest

  8. #8

    Daniel Carrera <dcarreramath.umd.edu> writes:
    > 2) I don't like it when people use the word religious the way you just
    > did. The word religious does not mean "dogmatic" or anything of the
    > sort.
    | 3. Scrupulously faithful or exact; strict.
    |
    | Thus, Indianlike, Religious in my error, I adore The
    | sun, that looks upon his worshiper. --Shak.

    HTH,

    ~Tim
    --
    <http://spodzone.org.uk/>
    Tim Haynes Guest

  9. #9

    On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 06:48:13PM +0900, Lothar Scholz wrote:
    > Hello ibotty,
    >
    > Friday, September 5, 2003, 8:49:08 AM, you wrote:
    >

    > i> the original post regarding ruby's license is clearly a trolls post (i never
    > i> heard anyone complaining about artistic and bsd licenses...),
    >
    > For example: R. Stallman and other religous fighters.
    1) This is flambait.
    2) I don't like it when people use the word religious the way you just
    did. The word religious does not mean "dogmatic" or anything of the
    sort.

    --
    Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD. PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
    .-"~~~"-.

    Daniel Carrera Guest

  10. #10

    Default Re: Web Application ruby technology

    il Sat, 6 Sep 2003 02:10:38 +0900, Michael Campbell
    <michael_s_campbell> ha scritto::

    >Were I doing this in Java (my profession, BTW), I'd use an app
    >server, jdbc to a database, with (likely) struts/jsp on the front
    >end. What I'm looking for is [however rough] ruby equivalents to
    >that. By "equivalent", I mean from a problem solving context, not
    >necessarily a technological equivalent.

    I'd suggest CGIKit, filled with little ruby/dbi ,apache &
    mod_ruby/fastCGI for better performance.

    The only reason I'm doing this is that I just downloaded CGIKit and it
    seems quite impressive to me :)

    gabriele renzi Guest

  11. #11

    Default Re: Web Application ruby technology (mod_ruby)

    > I'd suggest CGIKit, filled with little ruby/dbi ,apache &
    > mod_ruby/fastCGI for better performance.

    Maybe I missed something (I hope so), but the mod_ruby doentation leads me
    to believe that someone attempting to use mod_ruby gives the programmer
    access to "a whole bunch of raw apache stuff", but there is not yet a higher
    framework that make typical web-request handling trivial. Writing a CGI
    application is trivial, because I can use the CGI module to handle everything
    like header parsing and query string decoding.

    Please tell me that I missed something and that I can convert my CGI bits into
    mod_ruby in just a few minutes.

    Thanks
    David

    David Corbin Guest

  12. #12

    --=-2RHZocnP7sBttyXQHpv/
    > Please tell me that I missed something and that I can convert my CGI bits=
    into=20
    > mod_ruby in just a few minutes.
    You missed something: the CGI module handles apache requests as well as
    CGI ones. Plug and play, usually!

    Nothing should have to change, except perhaps some URLs if you use a
    cgi-bin directory.

    Ari

    --=-2RHZocnP7sBttyXQHpv/

    0
    --=-2RHZocnP7sBttyXQHpv/--

    Aredridel Guest

  13. #13

    Well, my "spot test" shows it does execute the ruby code, but it's ignoreing
    my Content-Type header. Or rather, the browser is displaying it, so I think
    that maybe mod_ruby is doing the headers for me. How do I gain control of
    this?

    --
    David Corbin <dcorbinmachturtle.com>

    David Corbin Guest