Professional Web Applications Themes

Runtime error! - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I use Illustrator CS with windows XP. Everytime I try to open Illustrator I get the following message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." Thanks, Renee...

  1. #1

    Default Runtime error!

    virgule101@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Runtime error!

    Have you tried an uninstall/re-install?

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Yes, we did uninstall and re-install the whole package...

    Hopeless, Renee
    virgule101@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    yes, im also encounter the same problem, been try to install n reinstall but still unable to solve the problem, wh could be possibly wrong??
    greenjacket@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Try deleting the preference file - details in the FAQ at the top this
    forum's Topic List. The preference file is NOT removed or replaced by an

  6. #6

    Deleted the Illustrator Preference file but it is still not working...
    virgule101@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I am having the same problem. It started all of the sudden. I used Illustrator Wednesday evening. Thursday afternoon was the next time I tried to use it. That's when the message started. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still isn't working. Have you figured out what was causing your issue? The only thing that I did Wednesday night was run disk defrag (my PC really needed it). Can I undo that to see if the runtime error goes away?
    Cassandra_Sabo@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Check out: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2a39a.htm> or <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/32186.htm>

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Has anyone been able to figure out this problem? I have followed the instructions step by step and i can't get my Illustrator to work.
    Nate_Rein@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Are you using anything by Norton?

  11. #11

    I FIGURED IT OUT.

    Heres what I did to fix this problem.
    GO TO:
    C:\Doents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS Settings

    DELETE ALL files from this folder, EXCEPT for the plugins folder.
    Do that for each user. (C:\Doents and Settings\username)

    Restart Illustrator CS.
    Illustrator should now be working.

    In all of these posts it has been saying to just delete the AIPrefs file. Im not sure which one was actually corrupted, but deleting them all seemed to have worked.
    Nate_Rein@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    easy trick guy!

    first, you have to open a small AI file.
    then open a problem one.
    James Guest

  13. #13

    First, you have to open a small AI file.
    then open a problem one.

    This worked for me after everything else failed. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it!
    Unregistered Guest

  14. #14

    Thumbs up Runtime error!

    Dear JAMES!!!

    It's GOOD TRICK!!

    OPEN small AI first and open the BIG AI !!
    Then I succeeded!!!!

    It's a kind of program bug from Adobe happenig when open big AI files, I think.
    Slow jini Guest

  15. #15

    Yep, this worked for me too. I had a seriously large AI file I've been working on and it kept crashing. However, after opening a smaller ai file, the larger one opened right up. I hope this helps. I very nearly put in IT tickets for them to rip & reinstall the file.
    Zraii is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2

  16. #16

    Yep, this worked for me too. I had a seriously large AI file I've been working on and it kept crashing. However, after opening a smaller ai file, the larger one opened right up. I hope this helps. I very nearly put in IT tickets for them to rip & reinstall the program.