Professional Web Applications Themes

safari and flash problem! - Macromedia Flash Player

ok, i have a website running, it is done in flash professional 8 and i have flash player 9 installed. It works fine on internet explorer, loads up and everything runs great. I then tried it on safari and it loads up straight away although when i click on the links they dont respond or when they do they go to somewhere else, like a scene i have not linked it to. Reason i think it is doing this is because it isnt properly loaded, it says its loaded and the bar finishes loading but doesnt work correctly, if it ...

  1. #1

    Default safari and flash problem!

    ok, i have a website running, it is done in flash professional 8 and i have
    flash player 9 installed. It works fine on internet explorer, loads up and
    everything runs great.

    I then tried it on safari and it loads up straight away although when i click
    on the links they dont respond or when they do they go to somewhere else, like
    a scene i have not linked it to.

    Reason i think it is doing this is because it isnt properly loaded, it says
    its loaded and the bar finishes loading but doesnt work correctly, if it is
    then left for a little while it works fine.. so i really don;t know what is
    going on.

    It works fine on an apple mac in preview mode, it is just in safari that is
    causing problems, the mac has flash player 9 also so i don;t know what to do
    now...

    how can i get round this because its been causing problems for ages now,
    basically its saying it has loaded and it hasnt properly, and therefore the
    links are not functioning correctly... this is what i think anyway.

    any help or ideas?

    dl2008 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: safari and flash problem!

    Hi there,

    Can you provide a URL for us to test on Safari?
    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    Hey how about Safari for Windows? That is what I have and I don't know where to
    download Flash for Safari(PC version)...I see the download for Mac and then
    Flash for IE and Firefox, but I don't know if there is one to download for
    Safari for Windows

    Am I completely missing it or is there not one?

    lacrosseattacker Guest

  4. #4

    My kids cannot access www.webkinz.com. It works on every other computer. The
    website comes up but we cannot log on. I think it has something to do with the
    Flash player9, because it has been a problem since we installed it. I have
    uninstalled it several times and redone it, but it doesn't seem to work

    fifthgrader Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: lacrosseattacker
    Hey how about Safari for Windows? That is what I have and I don't know where
    to download Flash for Safari(PC version)...I see the download for Mac and then
    Flash for IE and Firefox, but I don't know if there is one to download for
    Safari for Windows

    Am I completely missing it or is there not one?[/q]

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Darren Guest

  6. #6

    [q]Originally posted by: fifthgrader
    My kids cannot access www.webkinz.com. It works on every other computer. The
    website comes up but we cannot log on. I think it has something to do with the
    Flash player9, because it has been a problem since we installed it. I have
    uninstalled it several times and redone it, but it doesn't seem to work[/q]

    Unfortunately, I don?t have a Webkinz pet, and cannot sign up for a User
    account without a Secret Code.

    Are yoy able to see the Flash content on this webpage?

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    Darren Guest

  7. #7

    Yes, I can see the Flash content. It seems to stop and start for a while and
    then it played it just fine.

    Are yoy able to see the Flash content on this webpage?

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/[/q]

    fifthgrader Guest

  8. #8

    You?re not the first person to post on these forums this week that the Webkinz
    pet site not working.

    If you are able to see this site:

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    and you see Flash Player 9.0.115.0, Flash Player is working.

    Are you able to view other sites that use Flash? For instance:

    http://www.disney.com

    If you want to supply me with a login for Webkinz I can also test it for you.

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Darren Guest

  9. #9

    Before the upgrade from 10.5 to 10.5.1 I could play videos on my new iMac from
    http://www.ted.com and from a Nikon website (go to
    http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/d40/index.shtml and click on movie tour). Now
    those videos start to play then hang after maybe 10 -20 sec. Can anyone suggest
    how to fix this? YouTube videos play fine as do the Quicktime trailers on the
    Apple movie trailer site. I am running a dsl connection that checks out at 800
    - 1100 kbps on speed test sites. The ability to watch video is one of the main
    reasons I bought this Mac and now it's gone! iMac 2 Ghz IntelCore duo with 2 G
    of ram. Checked as above and I have Flash 9.0.115.0

    nowindows Guest

  10. #10

    I could not view disney.com either. I have upgraded my memory, thinking that that was the problem, but that didn't help either. Flash Player is working. Could it be Adobe Reader 8?

    fifthgrader Guest

  11. #11

    [q]Originally posted by: fifthgrader
    I could not view disney.com either. I have upgraded my memory, thinking that
    that was the problem, but that didn't help either. Flash Player is working.
    Could it be Adobe Reader 8?
    [/q]

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    Are you able to see the version number for Flash Player, (9.0.115.0)?

    Darren Guest

  12. #12

    I can see it and it is the right version. I am wondering if my computer's processor is too slow for the Player? could that be possible? I have a Dual 867 MHz PowerPC G4.
    fifthgrader Guest

  13. #13

    Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash helped but did not entirely cure the
    problem. I can now watch the videos if I go to them right after I launch
    Safari. HOWEVER, if I click the back arrow or the home page icon or try to
    close the window while the video is playing, Safari hangs up or quits. I
    suspect that it is something about the Leopard (10.5.1) and the Safari 3.0.4
    and Flash. Hope this is fixed in future updates.

    Imac 2 GHz Intel Core duo 2 G Ram Mac OS X (10.5.1) 1000 kbps dsl
    connection.

    nowindows Guest

  14. #14

    Ive got a problem downloading flash for my mac.
    Half way through downloading it stops on the "searching Macintosh" screen.
    Nothing happens at all, ive left it on the same screen for 5 hours and nothing
    happens at all.
    Ive downloaded the uninstaller for macs and that crashes as soon as it starts
    uninstalling. I use safari and Mac OS X if that helps

    Any help is much apprieciated :)

    Oldmanphill Guest

  15. #15

    I'm having the EXACT same problem, and now I'm simply unable to visit a site
    such as YouTube, as Safari just crashes whenever I try to go there. The
    "Searching Macintosh HD" problem happens in the same place every time when I
    try to install Flash Player 9, and I'm having the same uninstall crashing as
    Oldmanphill. It's like we're in limbo... we can't install Flash Player because
    we're unable to uninstall it, and vice versa. I'd be perfectly fine with
    installing an older Flash Player, but because I can't uninstall whatever's on
    my hard drive, I keep running into the same brick wall.

    I'm using Mac 10.3.9, Safari 1.3.2, and up until now, I've never had a problem
    as major as this. PLEASE send me an-email or something and let me know if
    there's any way to fix this mobius strip of a problem.

    [q]Originally posted by: Oldmanphill
    Ive got a problem downloading flash for my mac.
    Half way through downloading it stops on the "searching Macintosh" screen.
    Nothing happens at all, ive left it on the same screen for 5 hours and nothing
    happens at all.
    Ive downloaded the uninstaller for macs and that crashes as soon as it starts
    uninstalling. I use safari and Mac OS X if that helps

    Any help is much apprieciated :)

    [/q]

    Goroshnik Guest

  16. #16

    Im glad im not the only person with this problem
    I certainly need to get this sorted as my sponsors websites all use flash and therefore i cant use their sites

    Thanks :)
    Oldmanphill Guest

  17. #17

    I'm also having problems with 9r115, especially with the bbc website, in
    particular the Radio1 website http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1. This happens with
    Firefox and Safari on my OSX Intel 10.5.1 mac.

    I try the uninstaller but that hangs and crashes, I've downloaded version
    9r47, just ran the installer and the problems are all fixed. I'll be sticking
    with r47 until these issues are fixed.

    Just search google for flash previous versions.

    Craig

    Craigc0299 Guest

  18. #18

    i also have this issue, thanks for info
    chsajid11 Guest

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: Craigc0299
    I'm also having problems with 9r115, especially with the bbc website, in
    particular the Radio1 website http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1. This happens with
    Firefox and Safari on my OSX Intel 10.5.1 mac.

    I try the uninstaller but that hangs and crashes, I've downloaded version
    9r47, just ran the installer and the problems are all fixed. I'll be sticking
    with r47 until these issues are fixed.

    Just search google for flash previous versions.

    Craig[/q]

    Any chance you have Snapz Pro X installed?

    Archived Flash Players available

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266

    Darren Guest

  20. #20

    [q]Originally posted by: Craigc0299
    I'm also having problems with 9r115, especially with the bbc website, in
    particular the Radio1 website http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1. This happens with
    Firefox and Safari on my OSX Intel 10.5.1 mac.

    I try the uninstaller but that hangs and crashes, I've downloaded version
    9r47, just ran the installer and the problems are all fixed. I'll be sticking
    with r47 until these issues are fixed.

    Just search google for flash previous versions.

    Craig[/q]

    Any chance you have Snapz Pro X installed?

    Archived Flash Players available

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266

    Darren Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast