Professional Web Applications Themes

Safari and tvguide.com - Mac Applications & Software

Just curious if anyone else has a problem with Safari being unable to render the TV listings. I have been using Safari as my primary browser and although it can be a bit slow at times, I still like it alot! Recently, TV Guide changed the look of their TV listings section and I basically only use this site to view my local listings and nothing else. When I bring up my listings page, they are all scrunched over to the left into one column. In other words, the 8 o'clock & 9 o'clock listings are all piled on top ...

  1. #1

    Default Safari and tvguide.com

    Just curious if anyone else has a problem with Safari being unable to render
    the TV listings.

    I have been using Safari as my primary browser and although it can be a bit
    slow at times, I still like it alot!

    Recently, TV Guide changed the look of their TV listings section and I
    basically only use this site to view my local listings and nothing else.

    When I bring up my listings page, they are all scrunched over to the left into
    one column. In other words, the 8 o'clock & 9 o'clock listings are all piled on
    top of the 7 o'clock listings making for one big unreadable mess! Mind you, the
    surrounding images and text "outside" the listings frame, are just fine. The
    problem is localized only inside the listings frame (if that makes sense).

    I checked the same page in IE, AOL, Mozilla & Chimera and they seem to render
    properly there.

    I reported the site to Apple through the Safari "bug" button but I am also
    curious whether the same thing happens on other Safari/TV Guide problems.

    I am using the latest version of Safari, on 10.2.6, G4, roadrunner connection,
    if this is relevant.

    Thanks very much.
    Ken

    K9660R Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Safari and tvguide.com

    In article <aol.com>, K9660R
    <comical> wrote:

    i used to use tvguide.com.

    <http://tv.> is how i get listings now.
    nospam Guest

  3. #3

    In article <aol.com>,
    comical (K9660R) wrote:

    I am seeing the same thing in Safari. I have reported it to TV Guide as
    well as to Apple.

    --
    Gary L. Gray Engineering Science & Mechanics
    Associate Professor Penn State University

  4. #4

    << <http://tv.> is how i get listings now. >><BR><BR>

    Thank you. I just tried yahoo's TV listing and I think I like the layout much
    better. And it works!!

    Ken
    K9660R Guest

  5. #5

    In article <fu-berlin.de>,
    "Gary L. Gray" <net> wrote:

    > I am seeing the same thing in Safari. I have reported it to TV Guide as
    > well as to Apple.[/ref]

    Did you recently uprgade Java? According to macfixit, that's the
    problem. The old version would fix it.

    Ruby
    RubyTuesday Guest

  6. #6

    While it's not a specific solution to Safari versus TV Guide, I suggest a
    nifty tool called Watson from http://www.karelia.com/watson/. It's very
    cheap and very handy. Once you set up your account at tvguide.com, Watson
    pulls your listings quickly with no clutter.

    Tim Guest

  7. #7

    << From: RubyTuesday com - Did you recently uprgade Java?
    According to macfixit, that's the
    problem. The old version would fix it. >><BR><BR>

    Yes I did! I wondered about that myself. How do I uninstall this new version?
    Better yet, how do I download the old version?

    Ken

    K9660R Guest

  8. #8

    In article <aol.com>,
    comical (K9660R) wrote:

    See www.macfixit.com on Wed 9/10.
    One of the simplest suggestions (if you don' mind the Terminal) is (I
    have NOT tried this, so don't vouch for its accuracy)

    --
    James Meiss
    <http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/jdm>

  9. #9

    In article <west.earthlink.net>,
    RubyTuesday <com> wrote:

    > > I am seeing the same thing in Safari. I have reported it to TV Guide as
    > > well as to Apple.[/ref]
    >

    > Did you recently uprgade Java? According to macfixit, that's the
    > problem. The old version would fix it.
    >
    > Ruby[/ref]

    They are wrong. They are just speculating, since TVguide.com changed
    their format at the same time that Apple released the Java update.

    Those of us that reverted back to the old Java on Macfixit's suggestion
    wasted our time. Of course, even with the new Java, tvguide.com loaded
    perfectly on Internet Explorer, so the problem lies with Safari.
    Steve Guest

  10. #10

    In article <comcast.giganews.com>,
    Steve <com> wrote:

    > They are wrong. They are just speculating, since TVguide.com changed
    > their format at the same time that Apple released the Java update.[/ref]

    I never got around to upgrading Java and the listings are messed up in
    Safari. I prefer Zap2it.com's listings anyway:
    http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com
    Judi Guest

  11. #11

    In article <130920032055581160%com>,