Professional Web Applications Themes

Safari problem - Mac Applications & Software

I posted this a few days ago, both here and at Apple discussion forum (Safari), so this is a repost, as I have not received any reply. Hi--I've got three possibly related problems: 1. Bookmarks pull down menu displays as full-screen page, list on the left, open folder arrows at the right with lots of white space in between. 2. Prior to that messing up, there was a brief delay before the proper pull down was displayed, especially after first launching app. I re-installed the app, no change (did not delete prefs first.) If I have to delete the old ...

  1. #1

    Default Safari problem

    I posted this a few days ago, both here and at Apple discussion forum
    (Safari), so this is a repost, as I have not received any reply.

    Hi--I've got three possibly related problems:

    1. Bookmarks pull down menu displays as full-screen page, list on the
    left, open folder arrows at the right with lots of white space in
    between.

    2. Prior to that messing up, there was a brief delay before the proper
    pull down was displayed, especially after first launching app. I
    re-installed the app, no change (did not delete prefs first.)

    If I have to delete the old version, how can I preserve
    auto-fill/passwords?

    3. Since the Java update, some java applets from financial institution
    dont work in Safari (open and stall) but are OK in Netscape. In

    Thanks for the help!
    LarryDoc Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Safari problem

    In article <west.earthlink.net>,
    LarryDoc <> wrote:

    Auto-fill data is kept in the pref file; passwords are kept in the
    keychain application. Both should survive a reinstall.

    --
    Tom Stiller

    PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
    7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
    Tom Guest

  3. #3

    In article <west.earthlink.net>,
    LarryDoc <> wrote:

    If you're talking about the Bookmarks menu in the menu bar, this will
    only happen if you have one or more bookmarks whose names are very long.
    I'd suggest scrolling through your menu and renaming the ones with long
    names.

    If you can't find any bookmarks with long names, it's possible that they
    might have hidden characters (spaces, for example). Click on the book
    icon in the top left of a Safari window, then go through the bookmarks
    in your Bookmark Menu collection and rename each of them until your menu
    becomes smaller.

    The more bookmarks you have in the menu (or bookmarks with names in
    other languages), the longer the menu will take to appear for the first
    time. You can fix this by organizing your bookmarks into folders so
    fewer appear in the main menu.

    Please use the "Report Bugs to Apple" item in the Safari menu to let
    Apple know about these sites. Be sure to mention your Java version, Mac
    OS X version, Safari version, and the address of each separate site that
    stalls.

    Hope this helps,
    Eric

    --
    Eric Albert edu
    http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~ejalbert/

  4. #4

    In article <stanford.edu>,
    Eric Albert <edu> wrote:
     [/ref]

    Thanks SO much Eric! That was exactly it. A bookmark, near the end of
    the list with hidden characters which made it a VERY long identifcation
    name.

    Sometimes, things are far more simple than they appear.

    Thanks again!

    --Larry

    --
    Dr. Larry Bickford, O.D.
    Family Practice Eye Health & Vision Care

    The Eyecare Connection
    http//www.eyecarecontacts.com
    larrydoc at m a c.c o m
    LarryDoc Guest