Professional Web Applications Themes

Same Application with Web and Desktop Application Interface - ASP.NET Security

Hi All, I am required to design and build an application which would have two flavors i.e. Web Application and a Desktop Application ( without internet access). i need to keep data synchronized b/w these two applications. The functionality of the both applications is same. I need ur opinion on its design and implementation issues so that data synchronizing task can be done easily. and also on code reusability. i guess i can't use SOA ( Service Oriented Architecture) because my desktop application is disconnected from Internet. regards, Khurram Shahzad...

  1. #1

    Default Same Application with Web and Desktop Application Interface

    Hi All,

    I am required to design and build an application which

    would have two
    flavors i.e. Web Application and a Desktop Application (

    without
    internet access).

    i need to keep data synchronized b/w these two

    applications.
    The functionality of the both applications is same.

    I need ur opinion on its design and implementation issues

    so that data
    synchronizing task can be done easily.
    and also on code reusability.

    i guess i can't use SOA ( Service Oriented Architecture)

    because my
    desktop application is disconnected from Internet.

    regards,
    Khurram Shahzad

    Guest

  2. #2

    Then how is it that you expect to keep them synchronized? An internet
    connection will have to be mandatory. If not during usage of the desktop
    application, then at some point, when the user connects, the application
    will need to search for updates. You will have to create an update
    mechanism for the desktop application's database, and possibly for the one
    on the Web. Is it a specification that your desktop app is disconnected
    from the Internet?

    -Altaf
    www.mendhak.com

    S.M. Guest

  3. #3

    Altaf,

    Yes my desktop app is disconnected from internet. what you suggest on
    the mechanism of updating the records on Web from Desktop applicatin.

    regards,
    khurram

    Guest