Professional Web Applications Themes

SanFrancisco question ( really stupid, personal topic ) - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

I´m going to SF next week for PSWorld , and it is quite a trip from Stockholm (Sweden ) Could anyone recommend a good large store that would have work wear like "carhartt!" or " ies" in stock . 40 % of art directors I know here in Stockholm are wearing Carhartt ( So it is a cool ad expensive brand ) , I know how stupid it sounds , but I find it amusing . ( and I like those clothes ) . Sveral years ago i was buying most of my clothing at a shop named "C Jean" ...

  1. #1

    Default SanFrancisco question ( really stupid, personal topic )

    I´m going to SF next week for PSWorld ,
    and it is quite a trip from Stockholm (Sweden )
    Could anyone recommend a good large store that would have work wear like "carhartt!" or " ies" in stock .
    40 % of art directors I know here in Stockholm are wearing Carhartt
    ( So it is a cool ad expensive brand ) ,
    I know how stupid it sounds , but I find it amusing .
    ( and I like those clothes ) .

    Sveral years ago i was buying most of my clothing at a shop named "C Jean" in NY ( Broadway ) , but a friend of mine says the have closed the shop ...

    Thanks for any recommendations .
    I `ll be staying close to Moscone center , and will not rent any car ...
    jann_lipka@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    I´m sorry ,
    I should have posted this in the lounge...
    jann_lipka@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Here's the best way I could find to locate a Carhartt retailer in San Francisco.

    Sorry...I have no clue about the locations of the resulting ZIP code locations, but maybe you can find a ZIP code that is the same as the location of your hotel. Should be easy, though..looks like there are a TON of retailers in the S.F. area.

    <http://www.carhartt.com/retailers/index.html>
    Phosphor@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    carhartt europe is owned by carhartt america, but you won't find the
    same styles in the u.s. as you will find in europe. carhartt set up a
    separate division to market street style clothes to european kids.
    they don't sell the street style clothing in the u.s. only work
    clothes.

    [email]jann_lipkaadobeforums.com[/email] wrote in message news:<2cd0295f.-1webx.la2eafNXanI>...
    > I´m going to SF next week for PSWorld ,
    > and it is quite a trip from Stockholm (Sweden )
    > Could anyone recommend a good large store that would have work wear like "carhartt!" or " ies" in stock .
    > 40 % of art directors I know here in Stockholm are wearing Carhartt
    > ( So it is a cool ad expensive brand ) ,
    > I know how stupid it sounds , but I find it amusing .
    > ( and I like those clothes ) .
    >
    > Sveral years ago i was buying most of my clothing at a shop named "C Jean" in NY ( Broadway ) , but a friend of mine says the have closed the shop ...
    >
    > Thanks for any recommendations .
    > I `ll be staying close to Moscone center , and will not rent any car ...
    dfen Guest

  5. #5

    That would be 94102, I think. Moscone Center is beween 3rd and 4th streets, on Mission St, one block away from Market Street (where the street numbers begin), so the hardware store at 70 4th st. would be very close.
    john_findley@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I see that the last line is misleading. Market is where building numbers begin, not street #s
    john_findley@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    You need to take a road-trip down to the South US.
    I think they have Carhartt and ies right next to the fertilizer bags , weed-eaters, and spray nozzles at the Co-Op just a bit down the road.....

    I'm not trying at all to be funny, sadly. :D
    Richard_BRackin@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Thank you very much ,
    That sounds like a place for me ,
    it is much more fun to buy a pair of trousers in such a
    shop instead of high fashion store ( they sell Carhartt
    together with Paul Smith ) here in Stockholm .
    Last time I gave 120 $ for a pair of welder jeans.
    regards .
    jann_lipka@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Yeah, we got'em down here. You can order some and have them Fed-Ex'd to your hotel room while in SF.
    T._C.@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    You can take BART (subway/elevated train) cheaply all over the SF Bay Area, and there are two entrances on Market Street a few blocks from Moscone Center.

    My suggestion would be to go to Berkeley, which is entertaining in and of itself. For decades there was a surplus store a block or two north of University on San Pablo that sold exactly what you are looking for at good prices. My last graduate work at Cal (U.C. Berkeley) was 8 years ago, however, so things change. However I suspect that you would find Telegraph Avenue from Bancroft (the edge of campus) south to be worth a trip...

    Hint: Do not play 3 Card Monte or purchase illegal substances on Telegraph Avenue. You would be ripped off by either the street sharks or by the po-leece.
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Sounds like th' voice of experience :).
    john_findley@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    I don't know if they all do, but the True Value Hardware store by me carries "Carhart" jeans, carpenter pants, etc. True Value is a nation-wide chain of stores in the U.S. jann, so look for one when you're in San Francisco. Also I believe WalMart carries the "ies" brand.
    Shep@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Hello, Allen :)

    My suggestion would be to go to Berkeley, which is entertaining in and
    of itself.

    This brings back memories of hanging out at Cody's Book Store where I bought most of my mushroom hunting books. and that big t-shirt store I forgot the name of.

    You're so fortunate to live up North, Allen. The gold country, the wine country, ...

    love & peace,
    victor :)
    victor_maldonado@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    We've got street card players and illegal substances here in Scandinavia too,
    Berkeley sounds like a nice trip ,
    Thanks folk for your advice ,
    I put everything in my pilot , and will make "research" while in SF .
    Lets see ,
    number one Wall Mart
    number two Golden Gate .
    Regards from a tourist (photo)shopper .
    jann_lipka@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Best tour would be to bus to Haight/Ashbury, rent a bike there, and then ride Golden Gate Park and across the Golden Gate Bridge. Turn left as you exit the north end of the bridge and ride up into the Marin headlands perhaps a kilometer or two. It is the best view and photo of SF and the GG Bridge. Or you can walk it if you are ambitious. San Francisco is a very small (7 miles, under a million residents) but very diverse city.

    Riding a bike in the city itself is not recommended unless you are an expert "city" rider.
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    There are several bicycle rental shops on Stanyan Street, where it borders Golden Gate Park on the east.

    But bicycling Park Presidio Blvd from GG Park to GG Bridge would be (for me) a horror show. Safer, I think, to take Arguello or 25th to Lincoln to bridge. Be prepared for a workout.

    You can easily spend a day or two in the park alone; but I agree about the view from Marin headlands.
    john_findley@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Jann, If you have the time take the wine train up the Napa Valley. I had a friend who drove us (me and my wife) up the Valley to visit the wineries, but next time I'm going on the train.

    My favorite stop was the Prager Winery where they make Port. Mmmmm....
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Thanks everybody ,
    I´ll try to make some of those things ,
    as it looks now I´ll probably sleep ,
    as I have to work almost around the clock just two days before my departure ,
    to "catch up" with my work ( Ok , it is several annual reports.. )
    Regards ...
    jann_lipka@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Jann,

    If you've seen the vineyards of France, Germany and Italy, you can skip the wine country in California. It's vastly overrated. (With apologies to my fellow California residents.)
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Here we go again. Victor, San Francisco is NOT NORTH. It's a city some where around 40 N latitude which means it's south of the latitude of Chicago by about 70 miles. It's 500 miles south of the latitude of Paris France and 600 or so south of the latitude of London England.
    Don't hold me to exact mileage , I just eyeballed my globe.
    If San Francisco is North, why haven't I seen polar bears in Michigan?
    You ain't North until you see satellite dishes pointing at the horizon.
    Youi ain't North until you have 11 months of winter and one month of bad skiing.
    You ain't North until everyone you know plays hockey in high school, eh?

    But SF is a fun town.
    Lundberg02@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast