Professional Web Applications Themes

Save-As dialog box on Illustrator 10 lists only few files - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

I am running Illustrator 10 with Mac OS 10.3 on a Mac Powerbook G4. The Save-As dialog box lists only a few files, and does not have a heirarchical menu which would allow me to find subfolders within folders, as is the option with the usual Open dialog boxes on previous Mac operating systems. Is there some way to alter this dialog box? Bruce Shore...

  1. #1

    Default Save-As dialog box on Illustrator 10 lists only few files

    bruce_w._shore@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Is there a triangle in the dialogue box, next ot he file name? If so, what happens when you click it?
    Paul_Tracy@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Don't feel bad, I had the same question a couple of weeks ago.

    Dee Holmes "D-day next week!" 6/9/04 6:33pm </cgi-bin/webx?13.3bb46ead/26>
    Dee Guest

  4. #4

    Dear Paul Tracy:
    No, there is not the usual triangle that would allow expansion to show subfolders. That is how the usual Open and Save dialog works, but this is not that kind of box. It does not even have the usual OS X header with buttons.

    Dear Dee
    So what advice did you get? How can one get a proper Save box in Illustrator 10?
    bruce_w._shore@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I don't think that's the type of triangle we're talking about. The triangle is to the right of the filename text field, like in the following image:

    Hope this helps....
    Mark_Douma@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Dear Mark

    Thanks very much for solving my problem. That was exactly the needed advice. This triangle is indeed the secret key to opening the needed dialog box. Wow!

    Very nice illustration. How in the world did you make this?
    bruce_w._shore@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I know, it's so right there, but you don't see it. I gave you the link to the answer. And, I went to work the next morning thinking, O.K. this is simple. And ended up going to another person's Mac, saying "Do you see a flyout menue?" She also said no. And at that instant she said no, I said "Oh! What's that!" Only looking over her shoulder I saw it. And was embarrased that I missed it.

    Glad I'm not the only one! Thanx for the visual, Mark.
    Dee Guest

  8. #8

    That's the triangle I meant.

    bruce

    you can capture the contents of your screen by pressing Command-Shift-3

    If you press Command-Shift-4 you can select an area of screen to capture

    If you press Command-Shift-4 then let go and press the space bar you can choose which window you want to capture. Pictures are saved to the desktop in pdf format.

    If you're new to OSX I suggest getting the book "OSX The Missing Manual" by David Pogue.
    Paul_Tracy@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Sorry, this wasn't my image, but I grabbed the link to it from one of the Adobe guys in the GoLive forum, who had referenced it before. Figured it was what you were talking about. Glad it could help...
    Mark_Douma@adobeforums.com Guest