Professional Web Applications Themes

"Save as" in Illustrator CS2 - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Hi All, Have updated to CS2, everything fine except in Illustrator. When saving work in the "Save as" or "Save a copy" I get "an unknown error has occurred" Even if I open work made prior to the upgrade from CS and then amend it, I get the same "an unknown error has occurred", when I try to save it I can save in other formats without problem, but I can't save my work in the Illustrator format to return to later. I have uninstalled and reinstalled without success. Please has anyone else come across this, or can anybody advise ...

  1. #1

    Default "Save as" in Illustrator CS2

    Hi All,

    Have updated to CS2, everything fine except in Illustrator.

    When saving work in the "Save as" or "Save a copy" I get "an unknown error has occurred"

    Even if I open work made prior to the upgrade from CS and then amend it, I get the same "an unknown error has occurred", when I try to save it

    I can save in other formats without problem, but I can't save my work in the Illustrator format to return to later.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled without success.

    Please has anyone else come across this, or can anybody advise a solution to
    this problem?

    I am using widow xp pro on a pc with 1 gig ram and a p4

    Thanks in advance to all those that take the time to reply.

    David
    David_Neal@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: "Save as" in Illustrator CS2

    Would be nice if we could get an answer on this. Apparently there are a whole hell of a lot of other people with this problem and its not getting solved. I wonder if Freehand will let me save....?
    Frankie_Boombatts@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    David and Frankie,

    It may be worth trying an AIPrefs file deletion, with Illy closed; see FAQ #2.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Tried that a long time ago doesn't help. Can't save .ai files with PDF compatibility nor can I save a PDF at all.
    Frankie_Boombatts@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    i've gotten this strange thing i think when i scanned a BLACK/WHITE (bitmap) in photoshop, then linked or embedded it in the AI file..went to save to .PDF and i got that message and could never save....even tryinbg to save to .ai format.

    think i ended up starrting over and converted image to grayscale opposed to b/w bitmap.

    not sure if this anything to do with it... but maybe? who knows... just another clue that may help...maybe give more info about what you are doing; i.e. images in file etc?

    is acrobat pro 7 or anything PDF installed? could be anything! hopefully somebody will help.

    can u save back to a old .ai format?

    maybe try copy all objects into a new doent and save under a differnt name...or try certain objects first...may be a funky object in doent causing it? maybe a EFFECT or transparencey? good luck
    tim_d@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    ps..that probelm i described was in CS...and I think version 10 also. we save our files to .pdf format opposed to .ai since we have to assmble all the pages in acrobat when finished real pain in the mule. but o well.
    tim_d@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Daniel_Ulysses@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I am having a similar problem. Everything was working well until
    tried adding text to my doent. Now, I can't save, not with ctrl+S
    not with Save, or Save As...

    If I take all text off the doent, I can save again!

    (but obviously, I need to be able to save files with text)

    I am running a XP Pro Service Pack 2.

    Any solutions found to this problem?

    My laptop is running XP Home Service Pack 2, and doesn't seem to hav
    the same problem. For what it's worth, though, it isn't running Adob
    Type Manager (the problem machine IS running ATM, although I jus
    downloaded a patch from Adobe so theoretically should be no conflic
    with XP...)

    Thanks in advance for any help

    --
    bronxbay
    bronxbayo's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m128

    bronxbayo Guest

  9. #9

    I am having a similar problem. Everything was working well until I tried adding text to my doent. Now, I can't save, not with ctrl+S, not with Save, or Save As...

    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest