Professional Web Applications Themes

Save for Web - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I am having the same dificulty with save to web. I deleted the .psp file, but still has error. Anyone have a fix?...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Save for Web

    I am having the same dificulty with save to web. I deleted the .psp file, but still has error. Anyone have a fix?
    william throop Guest

  2. #2

    Chuck very kindly told me how to size images for the web by going to "Save for Web" under file. However, when I open a photo in elements 2, the save for web dialog box is grey and therefore won't work. Help, please.
    Max Goodwin Guest

  3. #3

    Max, that's a stumper for me. I'll see if I can figure out a reason for that. In the meantime, hopefully some others will chime in.

    Chuck
    Chuck Snyder Guest

  4. #4

    Kyle, that oughta do it! I checked Indexed Color, thinking that might be the problem, but didn't think about bitmap...

    Chuck
    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    remember the days when 'bitmap' was the 'in' format for graphics ??? then again, i guess it still is on some systems...depending on the user and the program.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Chuck,

    It's a browser issue. There are too many types (Windows, OS/2 etc etc) so browsers just ignore them. I've had this problem many times at work, so it's one of the first things I check. Although, you'd think that PSE2 would take a bitmap in and just give you Web compatible output.
    Oh, well!

    TTFN
    Kyle
    Kyle White Guest

  7. #7

    I opened a jpeg image on PS2, checked the mode, which is RGB, and again tried to save for web. It is still gray and unusable. Any other ideas? I don't understand what I need to do about browsers, Kyle. Can you give me more detail?
    Max Goodwin Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks Jodi. I gave it a try, but "save for web" still doesn't work.
    Max Goodwin Guest

  9. #9

    Max Goodwin - 08:57am Aug 10, 2003 Pacific (#7 of 10)

    I opened a jpeg image on PS2, checked the mode, which is RGB, and again
    tried to save for web. It is still gray and unusable. Any other ideas?
    I don't understand what I need to do about browsers, Kyle. Can you give
    me more detail?

    Hi Max,
    The reference to browsers was that most of them cannot deal with bitmap type images (*.bmp). This is because, as Jodi mentioned, it is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest, computer based image types. Every operating system, graphics package and some word processors all had an image file they called "Bitmap" and used the "bmp" file extension and they were all slightly different and usually incompabible with each other. And to top it off, they had no compression, so back in the early days, it would take a while to transfer one on your 300 bit/sec modem! This makes bitmaps a poor choice for use on the Web.

    Most browsers require a helper or plug-in to deal with TIFFs as well, one reason being that one of the major compression schemes "legal" in TIFFs is proprietary and carries a license fee, which you pay for when you buy a package like PE2.

    Unfortunately, this doesn't get you any closer to figuring out why "Save to Web..." isn't working.

    Kyle
    (still cogitating)
    Kyle White Guest

  10. #10

    Gents: I'm having a somewhat similar problem with PSElements. With a JPEG image opened, I click on Save for Web, and a message pops up saying that "D:\Corel\Programs\Ccwin refers to a location ....", etc, referring to Calendar Creator, a different program altogether. Then it starts searching for the exe file for CC. I click on cancel and PSE proceeds as it should, giving me the choices for saving for web. Yet, where does PSE point to when i click on Save for Web that it forces the Calendar Creator query? Thank you. Jo
    Jo Abr Guest

  11. #11

    Sorry folks, this is where I'm going to have to bow out. I'm on a Mac and now we're getting into the differences of how/where the operating systems store all the files associated with an application.

    On my Mac, the actual piece of software that performs the "Save for Web..." function resides in a sub-folder of PE2 called Plugins/Import:Export. This may assist you in checking to see that this is in place on your machines.

    Good Luck!

    Kyle
    Kyle White Guest

  12. #12

    The file to which Kyle is referring is also present on Windows machines;
    mine is found at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements
    2\Plug-Ins\Import-Export\SaveforWebEL

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  13. #13