Professional Web Applications Themes

Save For Web Inop with Windows XP - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hello, I am running PSE 2 and Windows XP Pro. On some machines at two different schools (36 PCs at one and 20 at the second) nothing happens when Save For Web Command is exercised. No dialog box with two up etc appears. The PC does not lock up and operates normally. This does not happen on all PCs and may not happen 100% of the time. Turning off the PC and restarting does not correct the problem. I have never seen this problem on my home PCs running Win XP Pro and Home editions , which are networked. At ...

  1. #1

    Default Save For Web Inop with Windows XP

    Hello,

    I am running PSE 2 and Windows XP Pro. On some machines at two different schools (36 PCs at one and 20 at the second) nothing happens when Save For Web Command is exercised. No dialog box with two up etc appears. The PC does not lock up and operates normally.

    This does not happen on all PCs and may not happen 100% of the time. Turning off the PC and restarting does not correct the problem. I have never seen this problem on my home PCs running Win XP Pro and Home editions , which are networked.

    At one of the schools, there is a dual boot capability with Win 98. PSE 2 works swell, even on PCs that are experiencing the problem with Win XP.

    Has anyone experienced this problem? How did you solve it?

    TIA

    Don S.
    Don_Stouder@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Save For Web Inop with Windows XP

    Don, how much RAM on the suspect computers, and how much RAM is dedicated to
    Elements in the preferences? I had some experiences with Save for Web not
    working when my desktop was at 192 MB of RAM - at 512 MB, the problems have
    for the most part disappeared unless I'm working with a huge (pixel
    dimension) image. My understanding is that XP needs more RAM for its own
    use than Win 98...

    Chuck

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Chuck,

    At one of the schools, the PCs have 1 Gb of RAM, and that is the school that had the most problems. Since the posting, the person responsible for the lab has told me that it appears to be linked somehow to the logon privelages.

    Logging on as a student, the problem exists. Logging on as advanced or some other account that has more privelges, there is no problem. However, as I said now message appears, so it may by how XP allocates resources or memory or whatever.

    But, I'm not sure that this is the cause, however. If it is, then there I would think a low resources error would be displayed. I am surprised that more people have not run into this.

    Thanks for the reply.
    Don_Stouder@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Changing my students from 'User' to 'Power User' allowed them full access to Save For Web.

    Ron Craig
    Ron_Craig@adobeforums.com Guest