Professional Web Applications Themes

Saving Print Settings in a Doent via Print Advanced Menu - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I just discovered in the Help file you can do the above but it doesn't say how. I want to save the doent so it can be printed on anyone's printer this way: Fit to Printer Margins and Print What: Doent and Markups. Is this how you do it?: In a doent where you've set the Print dialog box to fit to printer margins and Print what: Doent and Markups,... do you then click the Advanced button and THEN WHAT?...

  1. #1

    Default Saving Print Settings in a Doent via Print Advanced Menu

    Janet_A._Thompson@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Hi Janet,

    Once you click PRINT and the ADVANCED there is an option in the TOP LEFT
    corner to save these settings on YOUR computer as a preset.

    However, these DO NOT travel with the PDF file - only available as a
    setting for future reference on your installation of Acrobat ...

    Jon
    Jon_Bessant@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    ohhhh so that's how it works. I thought print settings could only be set in the application or, as Adobe calls it, "local settings."

    OK, then why does the Help file for 7.0 say my title above? It is misleading!!! and in the Help page, it doesn't elaborate on Presets. I know what a preset is.

    It would be nice for the next version to allow print settings to travel WITH the doent.Do you concur?
    Janet_A._Thompson@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Janet,

    Hmm - if a service provider received a PDF from a customer and they
    embedded a print output setting into the PDF - this might cause rather
    expensive problems. However, saying that - they would ensure no embedded
    print commands are left inside the PDF file via a preflight procedure or
    similar? ...

    This is sort-of possible via in-line postscript commands but natively
    within Acrobat - it's not possible.

    The preset on your local copy of Acrobat would be best suited in the
    main PRINT menu (at the top like InDesign and Quark) -0 therefore more
    accessible for the user. I agree it's a pain to have to click ADVANCED
    before you hit PRINT ...

  5. #5

    My only option in the Advanced Print Setup box is to print image as 300 dpi. Other options are greyed out, but making current settings default is not one of them.

    What I am aiming for is to have the default for 'print what' to be 'Doent and Markups' instead of 'doent and stamps.'
    Maureen Guest

  6. #6

    Me, too, it's annoying to have to change the selection to Doent and Markups EVERY single time I want to print something ...
    Guest2 Guest