Professional Web Applications Themes

Says I am editing when I am not - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Hi, I have implemented a site and set up contribute successfully on my client's computer. When he now tries to edit a page through Contribute, it says that I am currently editing and he cannot editthe page. This is very odd as I am not editing the page. Is there a time delay between users editing pages? Have I configured somrthing incorrectly? Thanks for any assistance. Ben...

  1. #1

    Default Says I am editing when I am not

    Hi,

    I have implemented a site and set up contribute successfully on my client's
    computer. When he now tries to edit a page through Contribute, it says that I
    am currently editing and he cannot editthe page. This is very odd as I am not
    editing the page.

    Is there a time delay between users editing pages? Have I configured somrthing
    incorrectly?

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Ben

    Dive_Monkey Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Says I am editing when I am not

    I am having the same issue. We had someone previously working on the website
    quite some time ago, but he not longer works here. His email keeps coming up as
    the person currently editing the page (only on certain pages, though), so no
    one else can edit it. We do not make frequent changes on the pages that are
    having issues, so we did not really come across the problem until today. We
    tried just making a separate page and linking to it in our menu, but
    unfortunately, it would appear that our menu is one of the files that is
    supposedly being edited by the other person. The other person does not even
    have an account on on our network anymore.

    So I do not think it is a delay between users editing pages, as Dive_Monkey
    was asking, since the delay in our case would be coming close to a year.

    SGBDC Guest

  3. #3

    Whenever you edit a page lock files will be created, so other users wont be
    able to alter the same page. There will be a corresponding file in the server
    with a .LCK extension for every file that is being edited.
    If you are having issues editing the file and no body else is editing it, try
    to delete the .LCK file on your server and see if that will help you edit the
    page again.

    Dominic Michael Guest

  4. #4

    Should the .LCK files be in the same subdirectory as the file itself? I do not see it anywhere using an FTP client.
    SGBDC Guest

  5. #5

    It will be there in the same directory as the file itself.
    Dominic Michael Guest

  6. #6

    Okay. I have deleted the LCK files for all sites and it still won't allow my client to edit the site. What now? Setup a new user and try again?
    Dive_Monkey Guest

  7. #7

    Please refer to this thread, this might solve your problem [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=55&catid=290&threadid=1415 592&enterthread=y[/url]
    Dominic Michael Guest