Professional Web Applications Themes

Scan resolution drops when scan begins - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Using a Visoneer 9020 scanner and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2, following Visioneer instructions for scanning a slide, I access Photoshop file dropdown, select Import and using Visioneer Scan Manager Pro, I set scan resolution to 2700 dpi (and set resolution on Photoshop to match), then do autoscan. As soon as the acquisition of the slide begins, the resolution drops to 100 dpi (ppi, if you prefer). Is there a solution?...

  1. #1

    Default Scan resolution drops when scan begins

    Richard_Straw@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Scan resolution drops when scan begins

    I just bought this scanner myself last weekend. I'm curious what the

    JoAnn_Amerson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Does the scanning software by itself maintain the ppi you set if you take Elements out of the equation?

    I'm not familiar with a method where you set one ppi in the scanner and again in Elements prior to a scan. Of course I use antique equipment! :)
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Just a theory... it's possible your attempted scan would yield results that are too big...depending on the dimensions of the original image. For example an 8x10 at that dpi would create a 1.63 gig file. You may not have enough ram, scratch disk, or whatever, to pull off your scan so the scanning software is dumping you back to it's default value. I'm not sure how the slide part would factor into size because I haven't used a slide scanner in a long time. I'm assuming the scan doesn't result in a 1 inch square, but maybe I'm wrong. What are your output dimensions for width and height?
    Elena_Murphy@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Not having used Visioneer software, I'm just guessing here. But is there another button other than "Autoscan"? Just wondering if "Autoscan" uses defaults (e.g. 100ppi) and the "regular" scan button uses the settings you enter.

    Or maybe not!
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I do not know.
    Richard_Straw@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I wonder if the Visioneer's 100 ppi scan setting is really only the "Preview" scan (done quickly at a low res, just as a reference point).
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Richard_Straw@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. #9

    I use a Minolta DiMage with a resolution of 2820 dpi, and I can print high-quality 11x14's and even get good results at 13x19. Are you planning to print bigger than 4x6?
    Eric_Matthes@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    I do not plan to make pictures larger than 6x4 at this time. Thanks for response.
    Richard_Straw@adobeforums.com Guest