Professional Web Applications Themes

Script for simple pull down menu - Macromedia Flash Actionscript

I am creating a GUI with company logo and pull down menu of produtcts. Simply, when a user selects a product from the pull down menu, it will display the Image in a designated spot on the same page. I loaded all the Images in the library, but how do I call on them and/or associate them to the values in the pull down menu, for when that product is selected Thanks in advance...

  1. #1

    Default Script for simple pull down menu

    I am creating a GUI with company logo and pull down menu of produtcts. Simply,
    when a user selects a product from the pull down menu, it will display the
    Image in a designated spot on the same page. I loaded all the Images in the
    library, but how do I call on them and/or associate them to the values in the
    pull down menu, for when that product is selected

    Thanks in advance

    JLD.MX Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Script for simple pull down menu

    use targetMC.loadMovie("yourimage.jpg"); to load yourimage.jpg into targetMC
    kglad Guest

  4. #4

    JLD.MX wrote
    >I loaded all the Images in the library, but how do I call on them and/or
    associate them to
    >the values in the pull down menu, for when that product is selected
    If you use the FComboBox component, you can write your own changehandler
    function tha
    checks the value of FComboBox.getSelectedItem() and uses it to specify a SWF
    to load int
    a stage using loadMovie()
    --
    Carl Fin
    Please respond to the newsgroup only

    Carl Fink Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks. Forgive me for being a beginner, but does that mean, the most
    efficient way to do this is to create each image as a movie?? Or with what you
    are saying, I can call on the images from the library

    Thanks again

    JLD.MX Guest

  6. #6

    Perfect! Thanks!
    JLD.MX Guest

  7. #7

    how is a product selected from the main menu? are there buttons (or movieclip
    buttons) on the main menu? if so, you can attach code to the button/movieclip
    button or frame. for example, if attached to the button
    on(press)
    image_spot.loadMovie("product1.jpg")

    and if attached to a frame
    product1_btn.onPress=function()

  8. #8

    Thanks for the reply,

    It's actuall started as using a drop down menu, but due to the amount of
    images/products (300+) I'm going to use a dynamic text box that the user types
    the product number into, and then upon enter or submit, it populates the box.

    Any code for this? I felt this might be a better way to go...

    Thanks again.

    JLD.MX Guest

  9. #9

    how will a user know what product number matches what product? in any case,
    you'll need to use an input textfield and you'll need to either use an array
    that associates product number with image name or judiciously pick product
    numbers that follow a logical pattern to find the image. for example, with the
    array:

    productA=new Array("imageCoat","imageHat","imageShoes"); //and the product
    number corresponds to the correct array element.

    kglad Guest