Professional Web Applications Themes

scroll bars - kindly go away - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi there, I ran into this site (don't ask how) and the layout seems to contradict something someone else told me about scroll bars and browser size. [url]http://www.bluelagoonmassage.com[/url] The site's content isn't relevant, I'm interested in how the designer managed to create a page that displays without any scroll bars on the bottom or on the right side. When I'm on the site, scroll bars only appear when I make my browser window smaller (this is just fine). How is this done? Is the page just one big frame? How is this possible? What are the dimensions? How are the ...

  1. #1

    Default scroll bars - kindly go away

    Hi there,

    I ran into this site (don't ask how) and the layout seems to contradict something someone else told me about scroll bars and browser size.

    [url]http://www.bluelagoonmassage.com[/url]

    The site's content isn't relevant, I'm interested in how the designer managed to create a page that displays without any scroll bars on the bottom or on the right side. When I'm on the site, scroll bars only appear when I make my browser window smaller (this is just fine).

    How is this done? Is the page just one big frame? How is this possible? What are the dimensions? How are the frames properties configured? If not, how are people doing this?

    Please help me on this, I've been trying to figure it out for months.

    Thanks very much,

    artane

    artane webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: scroll bars - kindly go away

    "artane" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I ran into this site (don't ask how) and the layout seems to
    contradict something someone else told me about scroll bars and browser
    size.

    > [url]http://www.bluelagoonmassage.com[/url]
    >
    > The site's content isn't relevant, I'm interested in how the designer
    managed to create a page that displays without any scroll bars on the
    bottom or on the right side. When I'm on the site, scroll bars only
    appear when I make my browser window smaller (this is just fine).

    > How is this done? Is the page just one big frame? How is this
    possible? What are the dimensions? How are the frames properties
    configured? If not, how are people doing this?

    Amazing how things can coincide. I didn't actually look at the domain
    name, just clicked it and it opened *EXACTLY* as the missus stepped into
    the room behind me.

    As for the riddle you've been pondering several months (I'm sure that's
    why you have been returning to the site all that time):

    Look in the code, and you'll get your answers.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  3. #3

    one fast and easy way to have no scroll bars is to put this in the body tag.....

    or

    frames no comment

    discman webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    disc:

    What about the people who need the scrollbars, then?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "discman" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > one fast and easy way to have no scroll bars is to put this in the body
    tag.....

    > or
    >
    > frames no comment

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    Hi guys,

    here is the code for the page I reffered to:

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; cht=ISO-8859-1">
    <TITLE>bluelagoonmassage.com</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <FRAMESET rows="100%,*" border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0>
    <FRAME name=top src="http://www.torontoerotica.com/blue" noresize>
    </FRAMESET>
    </HTML>

    To me, it looks as though he has 1 frame encompassing the entire page. Am I right? I tried this but I can't make it work. Dreamweaver always wants to put 2 frames on a page. Does anyone know how he did this?

    As far as the scroll bars that show up only when you make the window smaller, any ideas?

  6. #6

    artane:
    > Dreamweaver always wants to put 2 frames on a page. Does anyone know how
    he did this?
    > Do it manually. Dreamweaver want to write valid code.
    > As far as the scroll bars that show up only when you make the window
    smaller, any ideas?

    Don't use frames.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "artane" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > here is the code for the page I reffered to:

    > <HTML>
    > <HEAD>
    > <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; cht=ISO-8859-1">
    > <TITLE>bluelagoonmassage.com</TITLE>
    > </HEAD>
    > <FRAMESET rows="100%,*" border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0>
    > <FRAME name=top src="http://www.torontoerotica.com/blue" noresize>
    > </FRAMESET>
    > </HTML>
    >

    > To me, it looks as though he has 1 frame encompassing the entire page. Am
    I right? I tried this but I can't make it work. Dreamweaver always wants
    to put 2 frames on a page. Does anyone know how he did this?

    > As far as the scroll bars that show up only when you make the window
    smaller, any ideas?

    > artane

    Murray *TMM* Guest