Snap to Objects Now drag the scroll component inside the text box and it should work. Jaysin McKenzie Sinnersphere Productions [url]http://www.sinnersphere.com[/url] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => sinnersphere webforumsuser@macromedia.com [ip] => "sinnersphere" [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> scrollbar component NOT snapping to size of text box - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

scrollbar component NOT snapping to size of text box - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Hello all, I created a dynamic text field in which there is a lot of text being loaded from a txt file. I drag and drop the scrollbar component onto the text box for it to snap to, but it doesn't snap to it, or resize to fit it. I also tried to put the text box into a MC, then snap the scrollbar to it, but that does NOT work either. Also, the text is not showing up in the box when the fla file is published. Can anyone help or lead me to a detailed tutorial of how ...

Default scrollbar component NOT snapping to size of text box

Hello all,
    I created a dynamic text field in which there is a lot of text being loaded from a txt file. I drag and drop the scrollbar component onto the text box for it to snap to, but it doesn't snap to it, or resize to fit it.

I also tried to put the text box into a MC, then snap the scrollbar to it, but that does NOT work either.
    Also, the text is not showing up in the box when the fla file is published. Can anyone help or lead me to a detailed tutorial of how to do this? Thanks.

Basically I want a dynamic text box that will scroll the text inside it....

::BatteryLow::
    BatteryLow webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

Default Re: scrollbar component NOT snapping to size of text box

Your most likely problem is that you do not have the "snap to objects" turned on.
    The scrollbar will not snap and resize to your text box if you do not have that option turned on.

To turn it on, go to the top drop-down, choose View --> Snap to Objects

Now drag the scroll component inside the text box and it should work.

Jaysin McKenzie
    Sinnersphere Productions
    [url]http://www.sinnersphere.com[/url]

sinnersphere webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest