Professional Web Applications Themes

Scrollbars! - Macromedia Dreamweaver

How do I create a text box that is only viewable and has a scroll bar. I am using DreamweaverMX, FlashMX, FireworksMX to create the web page. I tried creating a flash doent with a text box that had a scroll bar, but when I inserted it into dreamweaver, all that appeared was an F. This may be normal, but when I previewed the page the text box never loaded!!! How would I go about creating a scrollable text box in DreamweaverMX? I tried using FlashMX, but that didn't work....

  1. #1

    Default Scrollbars!

    ArcaneLore webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Scrollbars!

    You would probably use frames. Dreamweaver has some predefined framesets - see the manual or help to set them up. Also, there may be a javascript that might work. One that uses frames is [url]http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/load-two-frames.html[/url].

    gladtdgs webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Ok, but how do I set the scrollbars up? That's what I really want to know. I can't seem to find anything about scrollbars in the help section. Do you know how to set up the scrollbars?

    ArcaneLore webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    If I understand what you want to do corectly, all you'd need to do would be
    create a scrolling layer. Goto Insert > Layer, place your layer as you'd
    like it, select it, and then click the property inspector and select
    Overflow: "auto" ... but be forewarned that this method will not work in all
    browser versions, as the overflow attribute is only partially supported,
    last I knew.

    ACW

    "ArcaneLore" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, but how do I set the scrollbars up? That's what I really want to
    know. I can't seem to find anything about scrollbars in the help section.
    Do you know how to set up the scrollbars?

    Arthur Way Guest

  5. #5

    You can create a scrolling layer with our Scroller Genie extension at
    DMXzone. There are also tutorials and demos to show you the steps along the
    way.
    [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?4952[/url]

    Martha Graham
    DMXzone.com

    "Arthur Way" <acw133adelphia.net> schreef in bericht
    > If I understand what you want to do corectly, all you'd need to do would
    be
    > create a scrolling layer. Goto Insert > Layer, place your layer as you'd
    > like it, select it, and then click the property inspector and select
    > Overflow: "auto" ... but be forewarned that this method will not work in
    all
    > browser versions, as the overflow attribute is only partially supported,
    > last I knew.
    >
    > ACW
    >

    > "ArcaneLore" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > Ok, but how do I set the scrollbars up? That's what I really want to
    > know. I can't seem to find anything about scrollbars in the help section.
    > Do you know how to set up the scrollbars?

    Martha Graham Guest

  6. #6

    not sure if the following will help you. It displays a text entry box
    in IE and makes it readonly - dont know if this will work in NS.

    <textarea COLS="60" ROWS="5" READONLY>some text some textsome textsome
    textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome
    textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome
    textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome
    textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome
    textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome
    textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome
    textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text</textarea>

    HTH

    Al

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:42:15 +0000 (UTC), "ArcaneLore"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >How do I create a text box that is only viewable and has a scroll bar. I am using DreamweaverMX, FlashMX, FireworksMX to create the web page. I tried creating a flash doent with a text box that had a scroll bar, but when I inserted it into dreamweaver, all that appeared was an F. This may be normal, but when I previewed the page the text box never loaded!!!
    >
    >How would I go about creating a scrollable text box in DreamweaverMX? I tried using FlashMX, but that didn't work.

    Harag Guest